Today (04/04) the Canonical officially launched the final version of its second Beta of the new Ubuntu 18.04 LTS that had been polishing its interface over the past few months (the GNOME Shell) and correction of bugs reported by users, this second Beta was also released for users flavors (flavors) of Ubuntu, like KDE, MATE, XFCE, etc.
In the seventh LTS version of the company’s operating system Canonical, we have some news with Gnome 3.28, the latest version of the file manager Nautilus and the installation “Minimal“. Not so long ago, the team at Canonical put the new Ubuntu in a “freezing” phase.
Other news coming with the new Ubuntu
Below we will list some of the main news that will come in the new version of Ubuntu:
● Linux 4.15 kernel with patch patches for Meltdown and Specter security issues;
● Xorg as a graphics server as standard;
● Installation “Minimal ”;
● Native support for colorful emojis
● Inclusion of updating popular applications, such as the new version of LibreOffice 6;
● GDM as manager of the system login screen;
● Ease of switching between categories of Snaps applications in Ubuntu Software;
● GNOME 3.28;
● Operating System Utilities, such as Calculator and System Monitor, will come in Snap format.
Of the others “Flavors ” Ubuntu, the only ones who released this new version with Canonical, were the people from Ubuntu Bundgie, Ubuntu MATE it’s the Xubuntu.
The final version of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Bionic Beaver) will be released on April 26, 2018. To download Beta 2 just click on this link.
And what do you expect from the new version of Ubuntu? Tell us there in the comments. =)
Until next time and a big hug.