According to the Reuters, Apple is investigating an accident in which a Chinese woman was killed by an electric shock while answering a call on her iPhone 5 while he was recharging.
Ma Ailun, a former China Southern Airlines flight attendant, was 23 years old and from the western region of Xinjiang, China. The victim's sister posted the news on the famous Chinese social network Sina Weibo (the “Twitter from there”). She also said that the phone was purchased in December, was under warranty and that it was handed over to authorities for analysis.
According to Xinhua (China's official news agency), Ailun was electrocuted when she answered a call while the phone was charging. J o China Daily said the police confirmed that she died electrocuted, but has not yet concluded whether the phone played a decisive role in the accident although everything indicates that this is indeed the case.
Experts say there are risks when someone uses an electronic product while he is carrying it. However, even due to the lack of information on the case, there is no way to draw conclusions, such as the possibility that the power adapter may not be the official Apple, but a Chinese copy, this type of accident is not uncommon in China, especially due to these cheap / insecure copies.
Through an email, Apple said: "We are deeply saddened to hear of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the Ma family. We will investigate further and cooperate with the authorities on this matter."
The family, obviously, seeks and demands explanations as soon as possible.
(tip from Leonardo Copello, via The Next Web)