A notification will be sent to people who are not in compliance with WhatsApp rules to warn of the ban. Users who remain on alternative platforms risk having their personal information exposed. In the note issued by the messenger, there are instructions on how interested parties can return to the official messaging service. The procedure will be described below, but without demonstration images, as this would entail the installation of third party services.
Six Things You Shouldn't Do on WhatsApp
WhatsApp will expel accounts hosted on unofficial versions of the app Photo: Anna Kellen Bull / dnetc
Want to buy a cell phone, TV and other discounted products? Meet the Compare dnetc
Because they use WhatsApp open code, GB WhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus are not available from official Google Play app stores and Apple App Store. That way they require the use of an unofficial APK. It is noteworthy that this feature only works on Android phones, ie unauthorized versions can not be included on iPhone (iOS).
The appeal of these platforms lies in offering exclusive functions unavailable in the official WhatsApp, such as: sending audio up to 100 MB; password protected messages; change the color of the header; hide sender information; not report the last access to the application or be online all the time (even with the screen off); among other apparent advantages.
How to migrate from GB WhatsApp to the official version of WhatsApp
1. If the user is banned, it is necessary to wait until the end of the measure. In GB WhatsApp, go to "More Options", select "Conversations" and finally "Save Conversations";
2. In the phone settings, go to "Storage" and then tap "Files". Browse to the GB WhatsApp folder and select it. At the top right of the screen, press "More" and choose "Rename." The new name should be "WhatsApp";
3. Download the official WhatsApp application and make the default configuration requested by the messenger;
4. Confirm your phone number and select "Restore" from the Backup screen. Then go to "Next" and then the saved conversations will be loaded.
How to migrate from WhatsApp Plus to the official version of WhatsApp
1. Download the official WhatsApp. If the conversation history has been previously saved, the official app will download automatically.
Importantly, according to the WhatsApp FAQ, there is no confirmation that the user can keep their messages. "Note that we cannot guarantee that the conversation history download will be successful because WhatsApp is not compatible with unofficial apps."
Via WhatsApp and The Indian Express
How to talk to someone on WhatsApp without adding to contacts? See the dnetc Forum.
How to hide names, profile photos and messages in WhatsApp Web