The web version of WhatsApp is quite popular and used by thousands of messenger users every day. In this article, we will answer the most common questions regarding WhatsApp Web.
What do I need to use WhatsApp Web?
- First of all, I need to take into account that I need to use Google Chrome to enter WhatsApp Web. Other browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) can also be used.
- Finally, a stable connection is required on both the PC and the smartphone (for the latter, a Wi-Fi network is recommended).
How to install WhatsApp Web?
To use WhatsApp Web, you must synchronize your smartphone with your computer as follows:
- Go to web.whatsapp.com using the Chrome browser on your computer;
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile device and go to Menu> WhatsApp Web;
- Scan the QR code on your computer using your cell phone;
- On your phone, go to WhatsApp Web to see Active Computers or to end one of the WhatsApp Web sessions.
I can't send or receive messages on WhatsApp Web
This problem may be related to the connection of both the smartphone and the computer.
1. Smartphone connection
WhatsApp Web is just an extension of WhatsApp installed on your mobile device. It connects to the smartphone to synchronize messages, and that way you can use the messenger also on the PC. In other words, if you can't use WhatsApp on your smartphone, you can't use it on your computer. The following measures can make WA work again on your Android phone:
- Restart your phone (turn off and on again).
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version: Click Download Now – once the download is complete, open the file to start the installation.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and on again (Android Settings> Wireless & networks> Wi-Fi)
- Try connecting to different Wi-Fi access points.
- Turn Airplane Mode off and on again.
- Make sure that Data usage is enabled (Android Settings> Wireless & networks> Mobile networks).
- Go to Settings> Data Usage> Menu button> make sure that Restrict data in the background is disabled.
- Contact your mobile operator and make sure your APN settings are correct. Here are some tips.
- If you are regularly connected to Wi-Fi, check the Wi-Fi sleep mode settings (Home screen> Menu button> Settings> Wi-Fi> Menu button> Advanced> Keep Wi-Fi active in sleep mode) and make sure it is checked for "Always" or "Only when connected".
- Restart your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure you are receiving your emails from Google on time.
- Delete and reinstall WhatsApp (Attention: This procedure will remove your conversation history. Do a manual back-up first: WhatsApp> Menu button> Settings> Chat settings> Save conversations).
- Update your Android OS to the latest version for your device.
2. Computer connection
If you continue to have problems sending or receiving messages via WhatsApp Web, there is probably a connection problem on your computer. Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Check if the internet connection is active;
- Update the page;
If the problem persists, you will need to exit WhatsApp Web and restart the service session:
- Click the three-dot menu button, select Exit and follow the instructions on the screen to log in again.
How to receive notifications on WhatsApp Web?
What would a messaging service be without notifications? In WhatsApp Web, they will appear in the upper right corner of your computer screen. If you are not receiving notifications on WhatsApp Web, do the following:
- Enable WhatsApp Web notifications in the Chrome browser;
- Make sure you have not silenced the notifications;
- Make sure you have not activated the Do not disturb option on WhatsApp Web.
How to enable WhatsApp Web notifications
- In the blue box at the top of the conversation list, you must click on Enable notifications on the desktop;
- Follow the instructions and click Allow to activate the notifications.
- If you can't see the blue box, try updating the page. If the problem persists, it means that you may have silenced or blocked WhatsApp Web notifications.
How to take WhatsApp Web out of silent mode
If you are not receiving notifications from WhatsApp Web, you may have muted notifications from all websites. You can reactivate this option by doing the following:
- Windows: Click on the bell icon and then on Chrome Notifications in the system tray at the bottom of the screen and disable the Do not disturb option.
- Mac: Click on the bell icon and then on Chrome Notifications in the menu bar at the top of your computer screen and disable the Do Not Disturb option.
It is also possible that you have muted notifications only for WhatsApp Web. To unmute, click on the bell icon and then on Chrome Notifications> Settings> and check web.whatsapp.com:443.
If you are still not receiving notifications from WhatsApp Web or are not seeing the bell icon, you will need to check your Google Chrome browser notification settings.
How to allow WhatsApp Web to send notifications
- Within Chrome click on the three bar menu and then on Settings> show advanced settings> Content configuration;
- Under Notifications, choose Allow all sites to show notifications on the desktop or Ask when a site wants to show notifications on the desktop.
- Click Manage exceptions and look for web.whatsapp.com in the list of excesses.
- If the Blocked option is listed next to web.whatsapp.com, click the X next to it to remove it from the list.
- Go back to WhatsApp Web at web.whatsapp.com and from now on you should see the blue box at the top of your conversation list.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and click Allow to activate the notifications.
How to enable or disable Do Not Disturb mode
You can pause all WhatsApp Web notifications temporarily for 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week. To activate or deactivate the Do Not Disturb option, open WhatsApp Web and click on the three dots menu and then on Do Not Disturb, and select the period you want.
On your cell phone, there is also an option to Mute group conversation notifications. If you enable this option, you will also not receive notifications on WhatsApp Web. All other notifications are independent and do not interfere with your phone or WhatsApp Web settings.
How to send videos or photos via WhatsApp Web
First of all, it must be said that there is a limit of 16 MB for sending videos. To send photos or videos, do the following:
- Click on the clip cone at the top of the conversation screen;
- Select to take a photo or upload an existing image on your PC;
- Click the send arrow, as in the app;
- Alternatively, you can also drag and drop the file into the text field to send it.
How to send a voice message
- Click the microphone button on the right side of the text message field to start recording audio.
- Speak into your computer's microphone.
- When you are finished recording, click the tick icon to send the Voice Message.
- You can click the X icon at any time to cancel the recording.
How to save a photo or video on your PC
- Click on the photo or video you want to save.
- Click the download icon (down arrow) in the upper right corner.
How to install and use WhatsApp on an Android tablet
In the article below you can see how to install and use WhatsApp Web on your Android tablet:
(tagsToTranslate) WhatsApp Web (t) problems (t) solutions (t) notifications (t) WhatsApp web problems (t) error WhatsApp web (t) WhatsApp fell