APPLICATIONS

Two Apple Store employees in Hong Kong are hospitalized after inhaling smoke from a burning battery

Just under a month ago, an Apple store in Switzerland was evacuated after a battery overheated and produced a lot of smoke. Now, a similar case happened in Hong Kong.

Two employees of the Apple ifc mall, a store located at the International Finance Center, were hospitalized after inhaling smoke emitted by an iPhone battery that went into flue during a repair.

The store itself did not need to be evacuated, as the situation was quickly controlled even before the emergency arrived on the scene, according to the South China Morning Post.

The case is being investigated by local authorities and Apple itself, which wants to know if the battery in question had been replaced by its official replacement program.

via Patently Apple

Related Articles

Back to top button

Ad blocker detected

You must remove the AD BLOCKER to continue using our website THANK YOU