Recently, with the release of tvOS 9.1, the app Remote for iOS finally came to work with the new Apple TV. But many, including this one who writes to you, forget that this application also exists on the Apple Watch. 🙂
If you are a lucky owner of both an Apple Watch and a new Apple TV, be aware that you can also use your watch to control the set-top box. And the setup is quite simple.
- On your Apple Watch, open the Remote app.
- Touch "Add Device". A 4-digit code will appear on the screen.
- On Apple TV, open the Settings app.
- Go to the “Remote Controls and Devices” area, then select “Remote Application”.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to be detected and then select it.
- According to the 4-digit code that appears on the clock screen.
Ready! Your Apple Watch is now paired with Apple TV. 😀
The control interface is quite simple. In the center, you slide your finger to move the cursor on the screen and tap to select. In the lower left corner, there is a Menu button; on the right, a Play / Stop button. Touching the upper left corner, returns to the device selection screen.
Of course, the Remote on the Apple Watch cannot do / simulate everything that the Apple TV remote control itself does. But for the basics it gets the job done and can be quite practical at certain times.
(via The Loop)