Without fanfare, Apple started selling the cable this week Thunderbolt 3 Pro two meters with braided design and technology that supports transfer speeds of up to 40Gb / s.
It is worth noting that this is the first time that the Thunderbolt 3 Pro cable is available for purchase separately – until then, it was only purchased with the Pro Display XDR.
Other Thunderbolt 3 cables, like the standard Apple version (0.8m), are limited to shorter lengths as they cannot maintain high transfer speeds when longer – that’s why the name “Pro” on this 2m cable, after all, it offers high performance even though it is bigger.
Black and with a twisted, non-woven design, this two-meter cable offers data transfer speeds of up to 40Gb / s via Thunderbolt 3 and up to 10Gb / s via USB 3.1 Gen 2, DisplayPort (HBR3) video output and charging with up to 100W of power. It can be used to connect a Mac with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 3 devices, such as the Pro Display XDR, supports and hard drives.
Check out all the features of the Thunderbolt 3 Pro cable:
- Data transfer at up to 40Gb / s;
- Data transfer via USB 3.1 Gen 2 at up to 10Gb / s;
- DisplayPort video output (HBR3);
- Connection with devices and monitors with Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C;
- Supply of up to 100 watts;
- Braided design that does not tangle;
- Thunderbolt logo to help differentiate the cable;
- Chains up to six devices with Thunderbolt 3.
The Thunderbolt 3 Pro cable is now available on the Brazilian Apple Online Store for R $ 1,300 up to 12x; for cash payments, Apple offers a 10% discount.
In the USA, he leaves for $ 130.