There is no denying the importance of technology for performing everyday tasks. Today, everything is easier and faster with the use of computers, tablets and smartphones. The virtual world has come to have a different meaning with the advent of globalization. But when this overuse, it can bring some health problems.
In the field of teaching and learning, technology is an excellent ally, stimulates the child's cognitive development, competitiveness, creativity and also a partner for the intellectual development of students. But all these results will be obtained healthily if the tool is used with caution.
The mobile phone, for example, is the darling of children, adolescents and young people (as well as adults), who remain connected to the small screen for long periods of the day. There are those people who even get lost in the virtual world and forget about their real-world commitments. Overuse of the mobile phone can lead to problems with interpersonal relationships, dispersed focus and lack of productivity.
Therefore, the coordinator of the Elementary School Final Years and High School Colgio Marista Ribeiro Preto (SP), Lcia Ins de Oliveira Souza Montagnani, gives six important tips to use the mobile phone healthily, avoiding the addiction that brings so many harms:
- Establish schedules for daily activities.
- To privilege the presential relations in cooperative and collaborative activities.
- Be aware of information and guidance channels for making safe use of the internet.
- Search for other leisure alternatives, such as sports, music and culture.
- Understand that mobile is another communication and learning tool.
- Trying to stay for short periods of the day without using the phone, favoring readings and greater contact with family members.
Lcia warns that if the young person suspects that the mobile phone addiction is serious, should ask the help of a specialist. We have technology as an excellent tool in the teaching-learning process and we need to keep it as an ally for future generations, he says.