Putting song lyrics in Stories is another feature launched by Instagram to enrich publications. While a photo or video is displayed, followers can read the song while it plays in the background.
Four types of fonts are available, with different ways of displaying the letters. You can also choose the color of the text. Or, if you prefer, just let the portion of the chosen track roll while showing the album cover or single.
How to put song lyrics on Instagram Stories
To perform the procedure below, it is necessary to have Instagram installed on your Android or iOS device.
1. Open Instagram, as you usually do. Then, touch the camera icon, located in the upper left corner of the app to access the Stories;
2. If you want to take the photo right away, touch the circle in the middle of the screen. To record a video, hold it while you are filming;
3. If you want to use an image from the phone’s gallery, drag your finger from bottom to top to access the photos and videos. When you find it, tap on the file to select it;
4. Image made or chosen, again, drag your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen, to view the features of the Stories. So, tap on the tag Music to access the lyrics feature;
5. Choose a song from the list or search for the name of the track or singer in the search bar. If you want to hear a preview, go to the play. To select the song, tap on its name;
6. Some options will appear on the screen. The icons with the letters THE represent different fonts and ways of displaying the lyrics of the song. Keep the one you like best selected;
7. Note that at the top of the screen, there is a colored circle. Tap on it to change the font color. Each time you touch, the letter will appear in a different color;
8. When you drag the letter options from right to left, you will see two camera icons. They give you the option of not displaying the lyrics, only the cover of the album or the single;
9. Just below, there is a circle with the number 15. Tap on it if you want to reduce the playing time by 15 seconds. The minimum allowed is 5 seconds. After selecting the time, confirm in Conclude;
10. Next to it, there is a bar. It displays the duration of the complete song. If you want to change the part of the song that will be played in your story, drag the small rectangle located above the line forwards or backwards;
11. All chosen, now, tap the check, located in the upper right corner of the screen;
12. If you want, add filters and stickers to the publication, as you can do anywhere else. So, share the result with all your followers at Your Story.
Other Instagram Stories musical features
Instagram has some features that allow users to express themselves through music in Stories. Check out what they are:
Share what you’re listening to on Spotify
Discover how to see the lyrics on Spotify
Thanks to an integration with Spotify, it is possible to show Instagram followers what you are listening to at that moment. To do this, just have the streaming installed on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Open Spotify and tap on the name of the song being played at the bottom of the screen to leave the player full screen. Touch the three-dot icon in the upper right corner to access more options.
Then go to To share and choose Instagram stories. Then, just follow the procedure for publishing Stories as usual. In this case, the song will not play in the background, only the album cover or single, your name and the interpreters.
The Music feature, as its name suggests, allows you to insert soundtracks into photos and videos made on the spot. To use it, just access the Stories, through the camera icon in the upper left corner of Instagram.
Note that some options are arranged at the bottom of the screen. By default, it is opened in normal mode. Touch Music and you’ll see a list of songs available to use in your publication. If you prefer, search by track or artist using the search tool.
To select, touch the name of the song. Before taking the capture, choose, if you like, one of the available effects. Among them are video tape, vintage, pulsation, shine and glitch.
To make a photo, touch the circle with a musical note in the center of the screen. If you prefer a video, hold that same circle until you finish recording. Then just share on Your story, as you normally do.
Did you like this tip and want more to stand out on the social network? Then see what to do to make your Instagram Stories much more attractive. And if you haven’t learned how to republish third-party posts, find out how to repost photos and videos and how to repost Instagram stories in 4 different ways.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing series marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but it is WhatsApp that saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.