Instagram is a program that has the option of night mode. But unlike what you can imagine, it is not possible to activate the feature, which turns the screen black, directly on the social network app.
The functionality is automatically activated when the user activates the dark theme in the cell phone settings. The look promises battery savings and more eye comfort in low light environments.
Check out how to change the settings needed to view Instagram with the black screen on your Android or iPhone.
How to enable Instagram night mode on Android
To make Instagram look black it is necessary to have the Android 10 installed on the device. If your smartphone uses an older version of the system, the feature will not work.
1. Open the app To set up Android;
2. Go in Screen;
3. Activate the option related key Dark theme.
Ready! At the same time you will notice that the colors of the system have turned dark. So when opening Instagram and other compatible apps like night mode they also have the layout darkened.
How to activate Instagram night mode on iPhone
IPhone users need to have the iOS 13 installed on the device so that the dark mode is activated on Instagram.
1. Go in Settings;
2. Then, tap Screen and brightness;
3. On the next screen, check the box for the option Dark to activate dark mode.
The system will gain darker tones on the spot, as well as apps that offer functionality, such as Instagram.
How to take Instagram out of night mode
Have you tried Instagram’s dark mode and noticed that you prefer the traditional? Know that, for now, there is no way to disable the layout black social network independently.
That is, as long as the dark theme is activated on Android or iPhone, it will also be displayed on Instagram. Therefore, if you want to return to the original view, you will need to change the system settings.
Just repeat the steps taught above. On Android, you will have to disable the option key Dark Mode. On the iPhone, just check the box below clear.
How to find out the phone system version
As we said, to be able to use Instagram night mode, you need to have Android 10 or iOS 13 installed on your device. If you don’t know what version of the operating system you have installed, don’t worry. AppGeek shows you how simple it is.
- Android: app Configure → System → Advanced. In System update, the operating system version is displayed. If you want to check if an update is available, tap on System update. If it doesn’t, quickly double-tap the option. Automatically, the search for updates is done.
- iOS: Settings → General → About. In Software version, you have information about which one is installed on your iPhone. When an update is available, the user is notified with an upgrade alert on the screen General.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing series marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but it is WhatsApp that saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.