Report shows most used emojis on Twitter; see the meanings | Internet

A report on Internet usage in the world revealed which are the most popular emojis on Twitter. The list contains 30 stickers and shows that users' favorite is the laughing face, with 2.291 billion uses, followed by the red heart, posted 1.097 billion times on the social network. The document, released in late January, was produced by the We Are Social agency in partnership with Hootsuite media platform and has compiled tweets since July 2013 to draft the ranking.

New 'mixuruca' emoji becomes a joke; remember pictures with sexual significance

Use emojis habit among Twitter users since 2013 Photo: DivulgaoUse emojis habit among Twitter users since 2013 Photo: Divulgao

Use emojis habit among Twitter users since 2013 Photo: Divulgao

Want to buy a cell phone, TV and other discounted devices? Meet the Compare dnetc

In general, the most popular emojis on Twitter are those that express emotions and feelings, such as smiling, crying and being in love, or that symbolize love, like hearts. In the third place on the list, however, is a curious emoji: the recycling symbol, posted 936 million times on the social network.

In assessing the origin of tweets, you can see that the icon of the three green arrows is especially popular with Arabs, and is often used by applications and websites that automatically post Islamic prayers on Twitter, such as du3a.org. The symbol is used as a way to encourage people to share tweets rather than something to do with recycling.

See the meaning of the most used emojis

Emoji Name As used
Face With Tears of Joy (Crying with laughter) To make it clear that something very funny
Red Heart To show love
Recycling Symbol (Recycling Symbol) To demonstrate that something can be recycled
Smiling Face With Heart-Eyes To show that the person is in love with something or some. Usually used as a synonym for "I love you" or "I love it"
Heart Suit (Heart Emoji Variations) To show love
Loudly Crying Face (Crying out loud) To show a lot of sadness
Smilling Face With Smilling Eyes (Smiling) To demonstrate happiness and satisfaction
Unamused Face (Displeased) To show irritation, disinterest or disapproval
Two Hearts (Two Hearts) Usually used as a synonym for "love is in the air"
Face Blowing a Kiss (Sending Kisses) Usually used to say goodbye

The report also shows that Twitter remains a very popular social network, ranking seventh on the list of most visited sites on the Internet. The good position remains despite the drop in user base, which has decreased by 1.5% since October 2018. In Brazil, most users (66%) are women, while the remaining 34% of the public are men.

Via We Are Social and Medium

Twitter: See curiosities about social networks

Twitter: See curiosities about social networks