If you want to put subtitles on your videos on an iOS smartphone, it is highly recommended that you use Clips, a free app developed by Apple itself.
Keep reading and discover everything you have to know about him, as well as learn to put texts on your videos!
To begin, we will explain what Clips is, a completely free application for editing video and images. If you already know him, just follow to the next topic to learn how to put subtitles on videos with Clips.
A software created for Apple, Clips, one of the best free video editors, released exclusively for iOS on the App Store in April 2017. It works exclusively on iPhone or iPad devices with iOS 13.0 and more, which are 64-bit.
quite simple to use. When opening for the first time, the user will encounter the front camera, in order to record new clips at the touch of a button. You can also merge photos and videos from your device's gallery to create them.
After you finish recording, they will automatically be added to a project timeline, so you can then share them on social networks. Through the app, you can also add filters and effects.
How to add subtitles to videos with Clips?
This can be done using the feature called Real Time Titles. Through it, you can create animated titles for your video using your voice, with many styles to choose from.
To use them, just talk while recording a new video, or else about a video that was recorded inside Clips. When playing the video, your voice recording will appear with an animated title on it.
After you finish recording, you can edit what you have recorded, and you can also include the voice recording with the title or just the title.
How to create a video
To add subtitles to the videos in the Clips, I need to be recording a video. Then, follow the steps below to start a new one (or open a recorded one).
- It is necessary, first of all, to install Clips, which can be done by following the link to the App Store;
- Open the appClips. If you have used it before, the last video you used will open automatically;
- Click theProjects in the upper left corner of the screen;
- To create a video, just click on the +. To open a saved video, swipe the screen to see them, clicking on what you want and thenOpen.
How to create Real Time Titles?
- Now that you're on the screen to create a video, tap the text balloon button to open the Live Titles menu;
- Select the title style you want to use. To close the menu, click theXon the corner;
- To start recording, touch the pink button in the middle of the screen, pressing it. To pause, slide upwards from that button;
- Speak while recording, controlling the length of titles from the speed of your speech;
- Finish recording by releasing the pink button;
- To watch the video you recorded, select its thumbnail on the timeline and then tap the play button;
- If you don't like the result, click on the trash can icon to delete and save it again.
It is possible to record several clips and then join them in a single continuous video. It is possible to add subtitles to all videos recorded on Clips of the same project.
This functionality is available in several languages. To record Titles in Real Time in other languages, click on the language change button and then select the one you want to use, talking about it while recording.
Disable voice recording
If you want to add subtitles to the videos recorded on the Clips without your voice being recorded, follow the steps below:
- Open the video that you want to disable the voice;
- In the timeline at the bottom of the screen, select the clip in question;
- Touch the audio icon to mute.
Now, when you play or share the video, your voice is no longer included.
Change Title Style in Real Time
- First, you will have to open the video you want to edit;
- Now, select the clip on the time line at the bottom of your screen;
- Touch the text balloon icon to open the menu. Touch Style and swipe sideways to see all the different ones in the app;
- Touch a style to select and add subtitles to the Clips videos with the desired appearance;
- To close the menu, click theX.
Edit Titles in Real Time
Finally, it is possible to edit the Titles in Real Time that have been added to the video. For example, you can change punctuation, put emojis and change spelling. For this:
- Touch the clip that has a recording of the type and then the text balloon icon;
- Tap the headerText if it is not already selected;
- To add subtitles to Clips videos as you like, touch the text and then change it;
- TouchOK to confirm and then close the Live Titles menu.
Did you like our tips on how to subtitle videos with Clips?
Leave in the comments if you already knew the application or if it was a novelty, saying if you already knew how to put subtitles with it. Also check out the best photo and video editing apps and see how to edit images and videos for Instagram.
If what you are looking for is an alternative to edit your videos on computers, whether Windows or Macs, we recommend Movavi. He is a video editor who does everything, offering his users professional skills. Start using it right now and enjoy a free trial with our link!