At some point this month, Apple is expected to hold another special event to announce, among other things, new iPads Pro.
Today, citing sources close to the company's plans, the 9to5Mac brought additional details of what we can expect from this new generation of Ma's top-of-the-line tablets.
Let's go in topics, to facilitate:
- Models: there will be eight variations, identified by the codes iPad8,1, iPad8,2, iPad8,5 and iPad8,6 for the Wi-Fi models, and iPad8,3, iPad8,4, iPad8,7 and iPad8,8 for the Wi models -Fi + Cellular. That is, we will have two capacities for each of the screen sizes.
- Design: following the same design as the iPhone X (and its successors XS, XS Max and XR), the new iPad Pro will have a screen occupying its entire front. However, as its frame may be slightly thicker than the iPhone, there is no need for a cutout (notch) to accommodate the TrueDepth system used by Face ID.
- Face ID: speaking of it, the good news that, yes, Face ID works with both the iPad Pro vertically and horizontally. The only detail is that, in the initial configuration, it must be positioned vertically. The crowd that, with this, Apple also releases this possibility for iPhones unless, of course, this ability is only possible due to different hardware.
- USB-C: Apple is believed to replace the lower port of the Lightning iPad Pro with USB-C, which will enable it to be connected to external monitors and even be able to output 4K resolution with HDR.
- New connector: behind the new iPad Pro, we will have a new magnetic connector for various accessories including a new generation of Apple's own Smart Keyboard. The advantages of this new connector are still unknown.
Along with the tablets themselves, the 9to5Mac also bet that we will have the introduction of a new Apple Pencil. The second generation of the pencil can, among other things, be paired with the iPad Pro in a similar way to the AirPods, that is, if it is close to the device (which is very practical).
And the, excited ?! 😀
Update 10/10/2018 at 16:15
O 9to5Mac updated the original article with an extra detail: according to their sources, the new iPad Pro will be equipped with the chip A12X, an even more powerful variation in both the CPU and GPU of the A12 found on the iPhones XS, XS Max and XR. Your internal code name at Apple Vortex.