As you probably saw, two weeks ago, Apple called a recall worldwide to replace some 15-inch MacBooks Pro, Retina model (marketed between September 2015 and February 2017), because they could overheat and, in some cases, even explode.
Shortly thereafter, we brought some more information on the case, showing that Apple received 27 reports of overheating from users a small number, but no less worrying considering the magnitude of the danger. Well, recently this danger has been shown in pictures.
The designer Steve Gagne published a report on his Facebook profile with his defective battery MacBook Pro. Gagne was asleep when the computer exploded and caught fire, filling the house with smoke; The designer then jumped out of bed and managed to contain the small fire in time before it took larger proportions.
The MBP, according to Gagne, was closed, disconnected from power and at rest. Amazed: the designer had a habit of overnight leaving the computer on the sofa or in a basket with notebooks and notebooks (which would surely have caused a much larger fire), but specifically that night had left the Mac resting. on the solid surface of your coffee table. Here's the tip, folks: Never leave your computers on “soft” surfaces or near flammable objects.
The photos published by Gagne give an idea of the magnitude of the problem:
The designer stressed the need for all MacBook Pro owners to check on this page if their computer is affected by recall Just enter the serial number and follow Apple's instructions. Safety first, after all.
via Cult of Mac