The Motorola Moto G 2015 was announced a few days ago, and the developer community is already creating recoveries and ROMs for him. Taking advantage of the root of Moto G 2015 already crashed on the network, today I will show how to unlock bootloader, install TWRP recovery and root the smartphone.
Before we get started, here are some important details:
- unlock bootloader, install recoveries and / or root may invalidate the warranty on your device;
- AndroidPIT is not responsible for damage to your smartphone while performing these procedures, so do so at your own risk.
Moto G 2015 bootloader unlock
The first major hurdle to overcome is unloading the Moto G 2015 Bootloader. After that and the TWRP installation, you can root and install any other custom ROMs (CyanogenMod, OmniROM, PA, etc.) on your new Moto G To do so, follow the steps below:
- Download the required files:
- In Moto G 2015, go to Settings> Developer Options and select Allow OEM Unlock;
- Enter mode fastboot: turn off the Moto G; with it turned off, press and hold the Power and Volume buttons down;
- On PC: Open Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open cmd;
- Connect Moto G to PC;
- In the cmd window type: fastboot oem get_unlock_data – a line of characters appears; copy and paste it into Notepad, removing any spaces;
- On the Motorola website, go to step 6 and paste the line;
- Complete all steps on the Motorola website to require the Unlock Key;
- In cmd, type: fastboot devices (he checks if the device is connected);
- Type it: fastboot oem unlock key and replace Key with the Unlock Key that Motorola sent to your email in step 8.
Ready; if all went well, the bootloader of your Moto G 2015 being out of place.
TWRP Recovery installed on Moto G 2015
Important: this recovery is exclusive to Moto G 3rd Generation (osprey).
- Download TWRP Recovery from the XDA website and save it to the fastboot folder;
- Enter fastboot mode: turn off the Moto G, turn it off, press and hold the Power and Volume buttons down;
- Connect Moto G to PC;
- In cmd type: fastboot boot twrp-osprey-2.8.7-test1.img
This last command should install TWRP Recovery on your third generation Moto G.
Rooting the Moto G 2015
Finally, you can now root your Moto G 2015 and have administrative access to the device. Here's how to do it in just 5 steps:
- Download the overuse on the microSD card of your Moto G 2015;
- Enter Recovery mode;
- Select Install Zip from SDcard;
- Select superuser.zip;
- Make a reboot.
To check if root was successful, download Root Checker from the Play Store using the button below.
What, did I get to root your Moto G 2015? Any other tips for the device?
(tagsToTranslate) install TWRP recovery (t) unlock bootloader (t) Moto G 2015 (t) Motorola (t) Android (t)