Apple added new titles to its platform streaming video a few weeks ago, as «Servant» and «Truth Be Told»; however, as promised, more productions will be added to the service monthly – and the company has just confirmed its next release: the series «Little America».
In a press release, Apple confirmed that the series premiere (inspired by the lives of immigrants in the United States) will take place on January 17th, in about a month. Apple also reported that the first season will be available on Apple TV +, in full, on the same day.
It consists of 8 episodes in 30 minutes, each with its own history (with people who came from different parts of the world). Check the synopses below:
- «The Manager»: at 12, Kabir needs to learn how to run a motel in Utah when his parents are deported to India.
- «The Jaguar»: Marisol, a teenage immigrant from Mexico, navigates the competitive world with the help of her coach, who inspires her to dream big – on and off the court.
- «The Cowboy»: Iwegbuna, an economics student from a small village in Nigeria, struggles to adapt to life in Oklahoma, but gains confidence and connects with the home as he is part of a culture he admired as a child: cowboys.
- «The Silence»: Sylviane’s ten-day silent meditation retreat takes an unexpected turn when she develops feelings for a man with whom she shared everything except words.
- «The Son»: when Rafiq escapes his home in Syria after his father discovers his homosexuality, he is forced to flee until he finds his “home” in the most unlikely places.
- «The Baker»: Beatrice, the only one of her 22 brothers to be sent from Uganda to a college in the USA, tries to achieve her own version of the “American dream” by selling her chocolate chip cookies with a basket over her head.
- “The Grand Prize Expo Winners”: A single mother from Singapore wins an all-inclusive Alaska cruise – allowing her and her two children to experience the taste of the good life on an emotionally cathartic trip.
- «The Rock»: Faraz will try everything to build a house for his Iranian family, even to remove a massive rock from a property that would be perfect in Yonkers.
«Little America» is written and produced by Lee Eisenberg, known for his work in «The Office»; the co-creator of the series «Master of None»Alan Yang is also an executive producer.
Although it has not been launched, Apple is betting heavily on production – so much so that it has already decided to renew it for second season.
Apple also released a series of videos behind some of its productions already available on Apple TV +, such as «Ghostwriter», «Hala» and «Helpsters». In them, the company shows a little of the inspiration that led to the creation of the series; except in the video of «Helpsters», in which American singer Talib Kweli interacts with the characters to create a song.