Any Instagram user can request verification of their account and, if accepted, receive that blue seal next to their name on the social network. However, this does not mean that it is easy to obtain.
According to the company, the symbol indicates that the account belongs to a public figure, celebrity, or brand. Check out how to apply for verification and understand what are the criteria and requirements needed to receive the blue seal.
How to verify Instagram account
As we said, anyone can ask to have their account verified. The process is done within the Instagram application itself. Note that submitting a request does not guarantee that the account will be verified.
1. Open Instagram and make sure you're signed in to the account you want to verify;
2. Then, access your profile through the icon of a doll in the menu at the bottom of the app;
3 Now tap on the three line icon in the upper right corner;
4 In the menu that opens, go to Settings and then in Account;
5 So touch Request verification;
6 Then fill in the information about your full name and as known;
7 Select a category for your account. H from News / Media The Blogger / Influencer;
8 So, go on Choose File to send a company a state-issued photo ID. You must have a name and date of birth. Note that it is not possible to make the photo on time, so I need to be in the gallery of the phone;
- If you are a person, the following are accepted: ID card, driver's license or passport;
- If you are a business, the following are accepted: tax return, recent utility bill, articles of incorporation, etc.
9 End the process in Submit.
Now you need to wait for Instagram to analyze your data. A deadline is not given, but if your request is denied, you can request it again after 30 days.
The company also informs you that you never request payment for verification or contact us to request confirmation of your verification.
That is, if this happens, do not proceed with any payment or bank transfer or data, because it is a scam.
If your request is approved, please be aware that the blue seal (or even your account) may be removed in the following situations:
- Advertisement, transfer or sale of the seal of authenticity;
- Use of profile picture, biography or name to promote other services;
- Attempt to verify your account through a third party.
How to get verified stamp on Instagram? Meet the Criteria
Okay, requesting profile verification is pretty easy, but getting the stamp may not be that simple. As we have already reported, the feature is designed to make sure that famous people or brands are themselves.
According to Instagram itself, to be approved, an account must meet the following requirements:
- Be remarkable: Represent well-researched, famous people, brands, or entities. The company states that accounts are analyzed that are featured in various news sources, not being taken into account promotional content;
- Be authentic: represent a real person or a registered entity or company;
- Be complete: have a biography, profile picture, and at least one post. The account must also be public (open to all users) and may not have links from other social networks;
- Be unique: Be the only presence of the person or business you represent on Instagram, except for account exceptions for different languages.
Other Ways to Show Your Authentic Instagram Account
According to Instagram, in addition to the blue checkmark, there are other ways to show that your account on the social network is authentic. The company recommends that you link the profile to its official website and page on Facebook, YouTube or Twitter account.
Account verification on other social networks
Other social networks also have an account verification feature. However, each of them follows a check and approval criterion.
The social network offers two types of verification stamps. Blue indicates Facebook's confirmation that a page or profile really belongs to a public figure or brand.
The gray seal is granted to confirm that a particular page does represent a company or brand.
The microblogging account verification program is currently suspended. Thus, the company is not accepting new requests at this time. However, the blue stamp on the profiles follows indicating that real account.
Twitter takes into account accounts of public interest. The social network reports: it usually checks user accounts in the areas of:
- Movie theater
- Day M
The company also warns that accounts that do not have the stamp next to the name are not verified. That is, do not trust those who use the stamp image, for example, the profile photo, cover photo or bio, as they are not authentic.
Still not influential enough to get verified? So check out 6 Instagram followers tools and apps. See 10 tips to make your Instagram Stories more attractive and increase interaction with followers.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, writes about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In her free time, she enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies, and doing series marathons. Instagram is her favorite social network, but WhatsApp saves her from missing those who stayed in Brazil.