In this article we will teach you how to set up two-step authentication to make your Twitter more secure
O Twitter one of the most powerful social networks today. The service can be an incredible spokesperson for you, your brand or your company. However, it can become a dangerous weapon if your login credentials are in the wrong hands. Fortunately, there is a feature that will ensure your safety: two-step authentication (2FA, 2 Factor Authentication, in English). In this article, you will learn how to configure this function in the application and on your computer, via the browser.
Enabling two-step authentication for Twitter on Android smartphones
In general, the path to enable two-step authentication functionality for Twitter follows the same steps for the back of the application to Android and iOS, but we will detail the two procedures separately so that the understanding is clearer.
- Launch the application Twitter
- Touch the three lines at the top left of the screen
- Touch Settings and privacy
4. Touch Account:
5. Touch "Security"
6. Touch the option "2-factor authentication"
click in Security key
7. Follow the instructions on the screen
Now, whenever you try to access the Twitter application via your Android smartphone, you will need to enter the extra code that you configured to login.
Enabling two-step authentication for Twitter on iPhone and iPad
So much for the iPhone as for the iPad, the process of enabling two-step authentication for Twitter has almost the same steps seen in the same procedure for Android devices.
- Launch the Twitter app from the home screen
- Touch the profile balloon at the top left of the screen
- Touch “Settings and privacy”
4. Touch "Account"
5. Touch "Security"
6. Touch the button next to “Two-step authentication”
7.Touch "Confirm", and follow the instructions on the screen
8. Enter the six digit code you created, and tap "Submit"
Now, whenever you try to access the Twitter application you will be asked to enter a six digit code each time you leave and re-enter the social network.
Enabling two-step authentication for Twitter on your computer
When logging into your Twitter account via an application or web browser, you can ask the service for a code for your phone number that you must first enter before gaining access to your account. it's easy to set it up:
- Visit Twitter on your computer and login.
- Click on the profile balloon in the upper right corner, next to Tweet.
3. Click on "Security and privacy"
4. Click on "Account" in the left menu and then "Security"
5. Click the option “Two-step authentication”
6. Follow the instructions on the screen.
7. If you choose the option by text message, click "Send code" after entering your phone number.
8. Enter the six digit code you receive on your phone and click "Submit".
Like security an important subject, check also the other articles in our series on two-step verification: