Samsung has released the Android 4.1.2 update of the Galaxy S2 in Europe. When it arrives in Brazil, it is still open, users may have to wait until February to taste Jelly Bean. Those who don't want to wait so long can install the update using the "Odin" flash program, which is not difficult at all. You only need to download the firmware.
To install Android 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S2 you will need to install Odin and Samsung's factory ROM, which was distributed in Spain (don't worry, it also includes the Portugus language files). Both are offered by Sammobile for download as well. But since this Filehoster is being used, data transfer from free downloads is painfully slow, which can take up to two hours. That's why we put the firmware and Odin on our servers.
Attention! As we always pointed out in the instructions: You will do this at your own risk. Neither I nor AndroidPIT is responsible for any damages. So before you start the process, read the step-by-step carefully and make sure you understand everything!
1. Download Odin and firmware on your PC and unzip the files into a folder of your choice. For example: "S2 _UPDATE".
2. Protect your data with Backup Ultimate or one of your own. Another tip for the ROM not to present bugs make a cleanup. It is theoretically possible to install the new ROM without cleaning, but there is a risk that your system will not work perfectly.
3. To perform cleaning, turn off your device and restart S2 in recovery mode – while pressing volume up + home + power button – until a menu screen appears in the menu.
4. Control the selection with the volume button until "wipe data / factory reset" and select it with the power button. Select "Yes" using the volume down and start cleaning using the power button. Repeat the procedure with "Wipe cache partition".
5. Then perform the "reboot system now" command and start your S2 via the power button.
6. Turn off the phone again.
7. Now put the Galaxy S2 into download mode – at the same time pressing down volume + home + power button – then a screen with an android will appear and the word "downloading" will be displayed.
Before giving the "start" command, the ODIN window should look like this one from the image above.
8. Start Odin on your computer.
9. Click "PDA" and enter the uncompressed firmware (I9100XWLS8_I9100XXLS8_I9100FOPLS3_HOME.tar.md5). Leave all boxes unchanged and make sure that the "Re-partition" box is not checked.
10. Connect the S2 via USB cable to the PC. In the upper left corner of Odin a narrow yellow box should contain "0: (COM12)" (A number other than "12" may also appear), this shows that the device is recognized and everything is ready.
11. Click "Start" and wait until the upper left appears the word "PASS!" and turn green. Wait until S2 restarts before disconnecting from the computer. this a.
If your phone gets stuck in the startup process, don't panic! This happens after a frequent flash process. Then press the power button until the S2 shuts down, it may take some time. Then repeat steps 24, if it still does not start, repeat the process again from the beginning in step 1.
Editor's Note: This procedure does not make you lose the warranty of the device, nor the possibility to download via Kies the future official update that Samsung will release to Brazil.
Images: kwe / AndroidPIT
(tagsToTranslate) flash jelly bean galaxy s2 (t) update s2 Android 4.1.2 (t) ODIN