This afternoon Apple released a new system update for all users: the iOS 13.5. The main focus of the system is to implement an API related to COVID-19.
What has changed in this iOS update?
IOS 13.5 brings some new features, such as framework tracking COVID-19 (which is not yet available in Brazil and Portugal), changing access to Face ID using masks, sharing Apple Music, among other things and general improvements. Follow the changelog official:
IOS 13.5 speeds up access to the code field on Face ID devices when you're wearing a face mask and features the Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracking apps offered by public health authorities. This update also features an option to control the automatic prominence of video squares in FaceTime Group calls and includes bug fixes and other improvements.
Face ID and Code
- Simplified unlocking process for Face ID devices when using a face mask;
- The code field is automatically displayed after swiping up from the bottom of the Locked screen when you are using a face mask;
- It also works when authenticating to the App Store, Apple Books, Apple Pay, iTunes and other apps that are compatible with the Face ID login.
- Exposure Notification API to support COVID-19 contact tracking apps offered by public health authorities.
- Option to control automatic prominence in FaceTime Group calls so that the video squares do not change in size when a participant speaks.
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements:
- Corrects an issue where users could see a black screen when trying to play video streams from certain websites;
- It addresses a problem in sharing where suggestions and actions could not be loaded.
For retired devices, Apple also released update:iOS 12.4.7. Of course, it does not bring news, but important security corrections.
Above all, we recommend keeping your device up to date.
To update, just go toGeneral Software Update Settings.
Liked? Share with your friends and stay tuned here on iPhoneTips! Follow us on Twitter, Telegram, Instagram and Facebook; and support our project!