Learn the step-by-step how to use the new Facebook tool to upload your photos and videos to Google Photos
Last Thursday (4), the photo transfer tool from Facebook which allows any user to make a copy of all photos and videos posted on the social network and transfer them to an account Google finally arrived in Brazil. Since April, this tool has been exclusive to users in the United States and Canada, but this week the Facebook released it to the rest of the world.
The tool is part of the Data Transfer Program (Data Transfer Program in free translation), an initiative created in 2018 in which Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Twitter have reached an agreement to make it easier for users of their services to transfer their data easily to anyone else belonging to these companies.
For now, the transfer tool of the Facebook works only to send the photos and videos posted on the social network to the Google Photos, but a spokesperson for the social network has already confirmed that it should soon also work with other services that are part of the Data Transfer Program.
How to download photos from Facebook to Google Photos via the app
- The first step, when opening the Facebook, select the button of the three parallel bars in the upper right corner of the app, right next to where your notifications appear.
- This will open a menu, and within this menu you must click on the tab Settings and privacy and then at the option Settings.
- You will then be taken to a new menu, where you will be able to find your account settings. Scroll the screen until you reach the section Your information on Facebook and then choose the option Transfer a copy of your photos or videos.
- In doing so, the Facebook ask you to confirm your account password. This is normal, as you are accessing an option that gives direct access to your user data, so this confirmation of the password is necessary to ensure the security of the operation. Then enter your password Facebook and select the button Continue.
- After that, you will be taken to the photo and video transfer menu with a button Choose destination which allows you to choose where you want to transfer this data to. For now, the only option is Google Photos, then choose her.
- By doing this, a new option button will be enabled, so that you can choose whether to transfer the photos or videos from your account to the Google Photos. Choose the option you want and then press the button Forward.
- That done, it will then be necessary to login to your account Google. Then type the email address of the account Google do you want to send your photos Facebook and the password for this account. If you use two-factor authentication, at this point you will receive a notification on your cell phone asking you to confirm that you are doing this login yourself.
- You will be asked if you grant permission to the app Facebook add new files to your account on Google Photos. Select Allow and, on the next screen, select Allow again to confirm that the application Facebook reliable and can transfer files to your Google Photos.
- Then press the Confirm Transfer button and you're done! All photos and videos you posted on Facebook will automatically be sent to your account at Google Photos.
How to download photos from Facebook to Google Photos via browser
If you don't use the Facebook for mobile, it is also possible to do the process through the web version of the social network that you access through your computer's browser. The process is practically the same, but its beginning can vary depending on whether you are using the new Facebook interface, or the classic one.
- First you must click on the button with a down arrow that exists there in the upper right corner of the screen, right next to where you receive your notifications. Once this is done, you should then click on the Settings and privacy option, and then on the Settings option. If you are using the classic interface, just go to ?Settings?.
- You will then be taken to your account settings menu. Inside it, you must access the Your information tab on Facebook (the third option from top to bottom in the left menu of the screen).
- Then choose the option Download a copy of your photos or videos.
- THE Facebook ask you to confirm your account password. This is normal, as you are accessing an option that gives direct access to your user data, so this confirmation of the password is necessary to ensure the security of the operation. Then enter your password Facebook and select the Continue button.
- You will then be taken to the photo and video transfer menu, with a Choose destination button that allows you to choose where you want to transfer this data to. For now, the only option is Google Photos, then choose her.
- By doing this, a new option menu will be enabled, so you can choose whether to transfer the photos or videos from your account to Google Photos. Choose the option you want and then press the Next button.
- The next step is choosing an account Google to make the transfer, and you will be sent to a screen where you can choose which of the accounts registered on the computer you want to send (in case you have more than one Google account). Choose which one you want and a pop up menu will appear on the screen, asking if you want to allow the Facebook have access to your Google Photos. Click the Allow button and then Allow again so that the Facebook can upload your profile pictures on the social network to your account Google.
- That done, just click the Confirm Transfer button and you're done! Your photos or videos from Facebook will be automatically sent to your account Google Photos.
It is good to make it clear that, regardless of the form used (by the browser or the app) this transfer is not instantaneous, and it can take a few hours until it is completed.
Did you like the tip? Leave your impressions of the tool in the comments!