Having a regular CPF is one of the prerequisites for obtaining emergency aid, also known as a «coronavoucher», created to reduce the economic impacts caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
However, when registering, many people encountered a problem with the registration.
To avoid setbacks, you can check your CPF status on the IRS website and check if there are any irregularities.
#FiqueEmCasa: tips and news help you stop the coronavirus
If so, know that the CPF regularization can be done online through the website or email of the Revenue.
In some situations, however, it may be necessary to go to a service station in person within 90 days to complete the regularization.
If the person does not show up on time, the request will be canceled.
Citizens with a canceled or null CPF will not be able to regularize the situation.
In these cases, it is necessary to contact the IRS to obtain a new CPF number.
Find out how to check your CPF status online – Photo: Ana Letícia Loubak / dnetc
Want to buy cell phones, TV and other discounted products? Discover Compare dnetc
Next, find out how to check if your CPF is regular on the IRS website.
It is worth mentioning that, in case the registration is not regularized, the website may exhibit the following situations:
- CPF suspended: in case of registration with incorrect or incomplete data.
- Canceled CPF: when there is loss or theft of documents, if the number appears repeated in different registers or when there is an administrative or judicial decision.
- Null CPF: when fraud in the registration was identified.
- CPF of deceased holder: when the IRS verifies the deceased’s death.
- CPF pending regularization: occurs when the taxpayer failed to submit any Income Tax Declaration.
See also: How to consult CPF at Serasa; free app works on mobile
How to consult CPF in Serasa; free app works on mobile
How to check your CPF status
Access the Registration Status Proof page on the Federal Revenue website (servicos.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Servicos/CPF/ConsultaSituacao/ConsultaPublica.asp).
Enter your CPF number, date of birth, check reCAPTCHA and click «Consult»;
Enter with the requested data – Photo: Reproduction / Helito Beggiora
The registration status of your CPF will be displayed on the screen.
Checking CPF situation – Photo: Reproduction / Helito Beggiora
How to settle your CPF
Those who need to regularize the status of their CPF can make the request for free over the internet, if the registration is suspended, through the website servicos.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Servicos/CPF/regularizar/Default.asp.
The face-to-face service can be carried out at Banco do Brasil, Caixa Econômica Federal or Correios branches and has a fee of R $ 7.00.
Brazilians living abroad should look for one of the diplomatic representations (consulate) or call +55 11 3003 0146.
Documents required to regularize the CPF – Photo: IRS
Exceptionally, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, calls can be made via email.
In this case, it is necessary to send a face photo (selfie) of the interested or responsible person, holding the identity document open (front and back), with the legible RG number, to one of the addresses:
- DF, GO, MT, MS and TO: email@example.com
- ACM AM, AP, PA, RO and RR: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CE, MA and PI: email@example.com
- AL, PB, PE and RN: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BA and SE: email@example.com
- MG: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ES and RJ: email@example.com
- SP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR and SC: email@example.com
- RS: firstname.lastname@example.org