I forgot my Instagram password. And now? It is possible to recover the password using the associated email, mobile number or Facebook profile. The process can be done on Android, iPhone or PC.
If, by chance, you are unable to resume access to the social network due to problems with email, AppGeek shows you the possible solutions. Check out!
How to recover Instagram password
1. Open the Instagram app and go to Get help signing in, below the login options;
2. Enter your Instagram username, email address or phone number and tap Forward. Depending on what you choose, the process is different, as you can see below.
If you choose an email address or username:
3. On the next screen, choose how you want the password to be recovered. Choose Send email, Send an SMS or Login with Facebook.
4. What should be done each of the options:
Access the account of the indicated email and open the message sent by Instagram. Then click the button Log in with @seuusurio. On the next screen, enter the new password and repeat in the field below. Complete in Change Password.
Wait for an SMS to be sent to your smartphone. The code received should be added automatically and you will be redirected to your Instagram profile. If not, insert the code received and confirm in Forward.
If the Facebook account is already linked to Instagram, you will be directed to a new password creation screen. Enter the new password twice and you're done.
If you choose the phone number
3. If you entered the phone number in the step 2, an SMS login code will be sent to the cell phone. The code received should be added automatically and you will be redirected to your Instagram profile. If not, insert the code received and confirm in Forward.
4. Then appear the option Sign in @seunomeusurio. Touch it.
5. Then decide whether you want the app to remember your login information or not. If you choose to Remember, it will not be necessary to enter access data the next time you log into Instagram.
As you can see, in this case, you regain access to the account, but not the password. If you want to reset the password, the most indicated inform to carry out the process by user name or e-mail.
1. Open the Instagram app and go to Forgot password?, below the login options;
2. On the flap Username, be able to enter your username or email address linked to instagram. Proceed in Submit login link;
3. Access the email account and open the message sent by Instagram. Then click the button Log in with @seuusurio;
4. You will be directed to the Instagram new password registration page. Enter the new password and repeat in the field below. Then, tap Change Password and ready.
On the PC:
1. Access the Instagram Web page and click Forgot password?;
2. On the next screen, enter your username, email or phone number and click Send login link;
3. In another tab, access the email account linked to Instagram. Open the message sent by the service and click Reset Password;
4. You will be redirected to a new page. Enter the new password and repeat in the field below. Confirm in Redefine password.
I can't recover my Instagram password. And now?
If you are unable to recover your password, it is possible that one of the problems below is occurring. If so, see how to act on each one.
Password reset email does not work
Did you receive the password reset email, but are unable to change the access code? One possibility is that the time for change after receipt has expired.
So please request to send a new password recovery email and try again. This time, click on Reset Instagram password and on the button to access Instagram.
Reset email not found
According to Instagram, it is likely that you have another email linked to your account or that you typed the wrong address. In that case, there are two alternatives. Recure via your Facebook account or via SMS (Android only).
In both cases, just follow the password recovery procedure indicated above and select one of the two options. In the case of recovery via Facebook, it is necessary that you have previously linked the accounts. Otherwise, it will not be possible to change the password and access the account.
If you choose SMS, wait for the message to arrive on your smartphone. If the confirmation code is not read automatically, enter it and confirm with Next. In this case, recover access, but not the password. In that case, you need to change it in the app settings.
I no longer have access to the email I registered on Instagram
The first instruction given by Instagram itself is to try to regain access to your email account. Anyway, being able to try to log in to your Instagram account following the same tips we gave to those who received the email message in the found.
Ok, I just want to reset my Instagram password
If you have not forgotten your password and just want to change it, the process is very simple. Just open the app and tap on the thumbnail of your profile picture, in the bottom right corner.
Then, touch the three-line icon in the upper right corner. Then, in Password Security Settings. Enter the current password and then the new password twice.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, a country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing serial marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but WhatsApp saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.