To put music on WhatsApp Status, it is necessary to resort to some tricks. After all, unlike Instagram and Facebook Stories, the tool does not offer the feature natively.
AppGeek shows you how to share music from Spotify and other music services streaming in the Status. Also check out how to post an entire YouTube music clip to the service.
How to put music on WhatsApp Status
Since it is not a native resource, you need to find a way to post music on Status. The trick is quite simple and only requires the user to subscribe to some streaming of music.
1. Open the Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer app or whatever your service is streaming of music. Play the song you want to share in the Status;
2. Open WhatsApp and tap the tab Status;
3. To create a new post, go to the +, beside My status;
4. Note that the music continues to play, even with WhatsApp open. It will be played in the video you capture. To do this, wait for the moment of the song you want to share and hold the central red button to record the video;
- Tip: if you want to publish only the music and not the environment where you are, cover the camera with your finger or a dark cloth.
5. When you finish recording, you can insert emojis and texts. The feature can be a great solution to make the Status more attractive, if you have chosen to leave the screen dark;
6. Insert the caption, if you want, and complete the publication with the green arrow in the lower right corner.
There, your Status with music is done. Just don’t forget that the limit for each video is only 30 seconds. Which means that in one post it is not possible to place an entire song. If you want to do this, follow the next step by step.
How to put whole music in WhatsApp Status
Unlike Status, apps for streaming do not work in the background when the phone’s camera is opened. If you want to put an entire song on Status, you’ll need to use a screen recording app. You will also need to use a video editing program.
The capture application will allow you to record the song in its entirety. As for editing, it will divide the content into small clips of 30 seconds. When shared in sequence, the excerpts look like an entire video, without cuts.
In the case of the iPhone, the screen capture tool is a native feature, starting from iOS 11. Check out how to do it in our tutorial on how to record the screen of Android and iPhone phones in real time.
To perform the procedure, we will use the AZ Screen Recorder and Story Split apps, available only for Android. If you are an iPhone user, we suggest the similar app CutStory for Instagram.
1st stage: record the song
1. Download the AZ Screen Recorder app;
2. When opening it for the first time, it will be necessary to give permission for the program to override other apps to take screenshots. So go on Go to allow this;
3. Now activate the option key Allow overlay to other apps;
- When you return, you will see that an orange camera icon will appear in the left corner of the screen. This indicates that AZ Screen Recorder is ready to be used.
4. So, open Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer or the streaming you use. Access the music you want to share through Status. To be visually more interesting, tap on the name in the bar at the bottom of the screen and change the display to full screen;
5. Touch the orange camera symbol on the left side of the screen;
6. Then, access the red camera icon to start recording;
7. A window will appear informing you that the app will start capturing everything that is displayed on the screen. Touch Start now;
8. Now, play the song and let it play;
9. When the song is finished, drag the top of the screen down to finish capturing. The options to pause, stop and take notes will be displayed on the recording screen. Go to the square to stop;
10. A window will appear Video saved (video saved, in Portuguese). Ready, the video is finished and stored in the folder AzRecorderFree. If you want to make any edits to the video, touch the magic wand icon to edit. If you don’t want to, close the window in X;
11. The video editor will open. If desired, cut, adjust the audio volume, add sticker or text. Complete editing on Cut text;
- The moment when the recording is finished appears in the video. If you want to remove, drag the bar from right to left, to the section where you want it. To find out if it is correct, touch the play icon. If everything is ok, go to Crop video;
12. Wait until the video finishes processing. Soon, it will be saved in the folder AzVideoEdit, inside the app Photos Android.
2nd step: cut the video
Screen with the recorded music, now it’s time to cut the video in 30 second sections.
1. Download the Story Split app;
2. Open Story Split. In Select folder, choose the folder AzVideo Edit or AzRecorderFree, if you have not edited the file;
3. Touch the video you want to cut. A preview will appear, go to Next to continue;
4. On the next screen, place 30 below the option Split per Part (divide by part, in free translation). Check if the unit of measurement is in Secs (seconds). Beside, the app informs how many parts the video will be divided;
5. follow on Continues;
6. Wait for the video splitting process to finish, which may take a few minutes. When finished, the video clips will be available in the folder Story Split.
3rd stage: publish the song in full
1. Open WhatsApp as usual and tap the tab Status;
2. Go in My status to make the publication;
3. By default, the most recent photo and video files appear in thumbnail. If you need to watch older videos, drag your finger from the bottom to the top of the screen;
4. Touch and hold for a few seconds on the last stretch of the video in the sequence, which is actually the beginning of the video. This will select the section and allow you to publish it together with the others. Then touch the other parts, always from the last to the first section;
5. Confirm in OK, in the upper right corner of the screen;
6. Confirm that the order of the videos is correct and add captions or editing to each one, individually, if you want. Finish the publication by touching the circle with the green arrow at the bottom right of the screen.
As the Status displays the films published in sequence, the video will appear as if it were whole, without the user having to play each part.
How to put YouTube music clip in WhatsApp Status
To place an entire music clip in WhatsApp Status, you need to perform a simple three-step process. The first is to download the video from YouTube through the Online Video Converter website.
Then, you will have to cut the downloaded video with the Story Split app. Then, just post the excerpts in the Status.
The tutorial Learn how to put entire YouTube videos in WhatsApp Status shows the step by step of this process. Check out!