With Google Cloud Print you can print your photos and documents on Android, directly on your phone
Did you know you can print on Android your photos and documents, directly from your smartphone, without having to transfer to a computer? This is possible thanks to modern wi-fi printers, which connect not to a computer, but to your home or office network. And we'll teach you a way to print directly from your phone Android, using the print service Google Cloud Print.
THE Google Cloud Print is a cloud printing service, which allows you to connect a compatible printer to your Google account. This way, you can print from any computer, smartphone or tablet that is also connected to your Google Account, even if you are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the printer.
In order to print using this method, the printer must be compatible with the Google Cloud Print (check the complete list on the service website), and that is already configured with the service. The configuration varies with each printer model, so follow the manufacturer's instructions.
How to install Google Cloud Print on your Android smartphone
- Install the Google Cloud Print on your smartphone Android, from the Play Store:
2. The Google Cloud Print appears on mobile Android as an application, but as a function of the system. To confirm your installation, go to Settings your device and then access Connections> More connection settings> Print
3. If the screen appears Google Cloud Print, ready! The service is installed and connected Google account registered on the smartphone, but make sure that the selector is in the position activated.
Now you're ready to start printing on Android!
How to print on Android with Google Cloud Print
Print on Android it works like a computer: you open the photo or document in the viewing application, and do the print command. We will show you how to do it using the most common apps, but the process is similar for all apps that support print.
Printing photos using Google Photos
- In-app Google Photos available on Play Store open the desired photo. With the photo open, touch the three dots in the upper right corner to open the options menu, and select Print out.
- A menu appears at the top of the screen. Touch Select Printer, and some options will appear. Select the Wi-Fi Printer (the name will vary depending on your printer model).
- After selecting the printer, you can configure your printing by choosing number of copies, paper size, and other available settings. After setting up, just touch the yellow icon and the printing will start.
Ready! The chosen photo will be printed in a few moments.
Printing PDF using the Google Drive viewer
- Open the file using the PDF viewer of Google Drive available on Play Store and touch the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select Print out.
- Following the steps described for printing photos, select the printer and set up printing. If the printer is already selected, touch the yellow icon to start printing.
Now, just grab your printed PDF document. Simple, right?
Printing web pages in Google Chrome
- Open the desired web page in Google Chrome available on Play Store and touch the three dots in the upper right corner to open the menu. Then select To share.
- The share selection window will open, with several options. Select Print out.
- In the next window, following the steps described for printing photos, select the printer and set up printing. If the printer is already selected, touch the yellow icon to start printing.
Ready, just go to the printer and the web page will be printed on paper.
Did you like the tips? Leave your comment.