With the quarantine caused by the coronavirus, many are suffering from social isolation. One of the ways to alleviate this by using relationship apps to make new connections. In this guide, we will teach you how to get on Badoo!
Read on to find out everything about the app and the basics of how to use it.
1. What is Badoo?
Anyone looking for information about social networking apps has probably heard of Badoo, a social network founded in 2006 by Andrey Andreev, a Russian businessman.
It currently has two headquarters: one in London and the other in Cyprus. It operates in more than 190 countries, including Brazil, and supports 47 languages, which ends up resulting in this being the most used relationship platform in the world.
Anyone who wants to join Badoo to start using it, can do so through the official website in one of the best internet browsers or through the apps for Android or iPhone.
The app and brand design was changed in 2017, to the now-known purple and orange heart as the logo.
Like most other social networking apps, including Tinder, Badoo works with a “freemium” model, where users can use the main and most fundamental features without paying anything, but must pay a monthly fee to access various benefits and privileges.
Below are listed the main tools offered by Badoo. First, the ones you have access to when entering Badoo for free:
- People close: With this, it is possible to see and contact everyone who is close to you and also uses the app, in addition to those with whom you crossed the path;
- Search: Through Badoo, you can search and find any other user that uses the app, regardless of city or part of the world that person is in;
- Dating: Similar to almost all other relationship apps, on Badoo to select who you like or just swipe left or right to like or dislike other users. If you both like it, it will result in a "connection";
- Conversation by video: A tool that is very welcome, even more so when you are chatting with viruses, video chatting allows you to chat in real time, face to face (however virtually), with whom you have made a "connection";
- Verified Profiles: It is still possible for you to verify your account through a process that has three steps. After making them, you will have “proved” for the platform that your profile is not fake. With that, it will be possible to see and chat only with people who are verified, if you wish.
Now, in case you want to have Badoo Premium through the subscription plan, you will unlock several excellent tools, including:
- To be able to know who has put their profile in favorites;
- To be able to know who “liked” you, simplifying to get new “connections”;
- Your messages will be sent with priority, so that they will always be the first to be read;
- To be able to see profiles without leaving any trace or anyone knowing;
- Being able to correct it in case you “disliked” someone who wanted to “like” it.
2. How to enter Badoo?
With all this in mind, we will now finally explain the step-by-step on how to enter Badoo. Keep reading this section to find out everything.
The first thing you need to do is download the app on your smartphone, through the Play Store for Android or the App Store for iPhones. With it installed, open the app to see a screen where you must select your gender.
Choose between Man or Woman or click on the button“More Options” to be able to see a really complete list with several possibilities. Then, choose and type in the name you want to appear to other users and then click on the"Continue".
Now it will be necessary for you to enter your date of birth in order to proceed, keeping in mind that the minimum age for using the app is 18 years old. Enter your email address on the next screen and click "Continue".
Add a photo of yourself, keeping in mind that the minimum recommended by the platform is 6 photos. It is good to remember that, if you want, it is possible and very easy to change your profile photo on Badoo.
Create a strong, secure password, preferably unique, that only you know. To ensure that you will never forget it good to start using one of the password managers.
Accept the Honesty Pactand select what you are looking for when entering Badoo, choosing from several options: Something without compromise,A serious relationship,We will seeorTalk.
With that, you have finally reached the main screen of the application, where you can slide to make connections and where you have access to all settings.
To better configure your profile, it is necessary to click on the icon in the bottom left corner of the screen. Now, in the upper right corner, click on the profile editing icon.
It will be possible to add new photos and give various information about yourself, how you have children, how tall you are, if you drink or smoke and much more. In addition, you can create key questions, add interests, connect your Instagram and verify your account. Check out our complete guide on how to use Badoo to see how to best configure.
Finally, by returning to the home screen, you can filter the people shown, determining gender, age range, maximum distance and some advanced filters.
What did you think of our guide on how to enter Badoo?
Tell us in the comments what you think of the app and if you already knew it, if you use it or if you prefer some other option of relationships app. Don't forget to check out how to stay in shape in quarantine, how to deal with boredom and the best tips on how to work at home with productivity!