You can download YouTube videos in MP3 format without having to install any programs. Everything online!
The MP3 format is one of the best options for those who want to download audio content. Both for the practicality of the file size and for the greater number of program options to reproduce it.
How to download YouTube video in MP3
There are several sites that allow you to convert YouTube video to audio. They all work in a similar way, just paste the video link to convert. The only thing though is that this type of service usually has a lot of advertising and pop-ups. The most known are:
In our walkthrough, we opted to use Y2mate, which offers the download in six audio quality options.
1. Go to YouTube and copy the video address
- If you’re using the YouTube app on your phone, touch the arrow icon (To share) below the player and choose Copy link;
2. Paste the address in the box in the center of the page, then go to Start;
3. Wait a while for the service to identify the video. Then, click on the arrow next to MP3 and select the desired quality;
4. So, go on Download to download.
Copyright of YouTube videos
Publishing third party content without your permission can be considered a crime. The YouTube Help Center reports that in several countries, “when a person creates an original work that is displayed on a physical medium, they automatically own the copyright to the work.”
However, there are cases that can be framed in what is called Acceptable Use. They are those that can be used without the author’s prior authorization. In the United States, for example, reproducing commentary, analysis, research, teaching or reporting works may be considered acceptable by the authorities.
They can also be used this way when the use is not for commercial purposes and if the reproduction has an educational purpose. Also according to YouTube, if the material is factual and not purely fictional, the chances of having its use considered justified increase. The platform also lists myths of acceptable use. Are they:
- “If I give credit to the copyright owner, my use will automatically be considered acceptable”;
- “Uses for ‘entertainment’ or ‘non-profit’ are automatically acceptable”;
- “If I add original materials I created to someone else’s copyrighted work, my use will be acceptable.”
Detailed explanations on the question of Acceptable Use of the work of third parties can be found on the page What is acceptable use ?, created by YouTube itself. It is worth remembering that each country has its own legislation, which must be respected.