Downloading GIFs from Twitter is fast and easy. In the web version of the service, it is not necessary to download any app to save the file on Android, iOS or PC. Just copy the URL and access the SaveTweetVid website.
Who does not give up the application of the social network, need not worry. AppGeek indicates two compatible programs and how to save your favorite animated images.
Also check out suggestions for the best tools to enlarge your GIF gallery and even create your own files
How to download GIFs from Twitter without using app (online)
To perform the process below, it is necessary to access Twitter through the computer browser or cell phone. The solution does not work for links copied from the social network application. It can also be used to download videos from Twitter.
1. Access the Twitter website via browser for smartphone or PC. If you are not logged in, connect to your account;
2. When you find the tweet with the GIF you want to save, on the cellphone, touch the share icon located below the image. On the computer, click on the last icon below the image, with an up arrow;
3. In the menu that opens, choose Copy link to Tweet;
4. Now, open a new tab and go to the SaveTweetVid website. Paste the link in the highlighted box and go to Download;
- To paste the link on your phone, tap on the box and hold for a few seconds. Soon, you will see the option Necklace.
5. On the next screen, click Download Gif;
6. Wait for the process to complete and click again Download;
7. On the phone, the GIF is saved in the default downloads folder, while on the computer, the user defines which folder the content should be saved to.
How to download GIF from Twitter on Android (app)
To download GIFs from Twitter via the social networking app for Android, we recommend the Tweet2gif app.
1. Download the Tweet2Gif app on your Android phone;
2. Then, open the Twitter app. When you find the tweet with the GIF you want to download, tap on the share icon, located below the image;
3. In the menu that opens, go to me Copy link;
4. Now, open Tweet2Gif. Paste the copied link where the URL is written and go to Download GIF;
- To paste the link, tap on the screen and hold for a few seconds. Soon, you will see the option Necklace.
5. A progress bar will appear, through which you can follow the procedure to be completed. The file will be saved in the folder Tweet2Gif.
How to download GIF from Twitter on iPhone (app)
If you want to download animated GIFs from the Twitter app on your iPhone (iOS), our suggestion is the GIFwrapped app.
1. Download the GIFwrapped app;
2. Open the Twitter app and, in the tweet with the GIF you want to download, tap on the icon of an up arrow above, below the image;
3. In the menu that opens, choose Share Tweet by and then go on Copy link to Tweet;
4. Then, open the GIFWrappe app. Paste the link into the search bar and go to Search;
5. Wait for the process to be completed and then tap on the up arrow icon in the bottom left corner of the screen;
6. Finalize the download in the option Save Image from the iPhone menu.
Sites and apps to download GIFs
For those who love to make conversations and publications even more fun with GIFs, the more options to download files of the genre, the better. To make your collection even bigger, we recommend some sites and apps to download and create your own GIFs.
One of the largest collections of GIFs on the internet, Giphy also allows you to create and share your own animated files. You can find the perfect image for your post by typing the desired term in the search bar. Or by exploring the categories into which they are separated.
If you want to use the GIF creation tool, you will need to create an account on the service. Then, you can use as a raw material a video file from your computer or the content link from YouTube, Vimeo and other similar platforms.
2. Make a GIF
Make a GIF is a website more focused on the production of GIFs. But that does not mean that the platform does not offer a rich library of images. The user can find the item they want by typing the term or tag listed in the search bar on the home page.
Easy to use, the service allows you to create GIFs from photos, videos from the gallery, YouTube, Facebook or the webcam. If you already have an image ready, you can also make it available for others to use.
The creation tool is very complete. The user can choose the quality of the file and the start and end period within a video. The speed and playing time of the GIF must also be set.
You don’t need to create an account to produce, but you can join a plan premium to remove watermarks, make HD content, among other benefits.
- Make a GIF (free with a paid plan option): Web
Tenor has a web version, where it offers a rich library, and another for mobile devices, in the form of a GIF keyboard. On the website, the user simply searches for the desired term to find a wide variety of images. If you want, you can also export GIFs created by you on another platform.
The Android and iPhone edition is the Tenor GIF Keyboard. The app makes it possible to use this type of file in different programs (which support the format). Among them, iMessage, SMS messages, among other options. The user is also able to save a file link to paste wherever he wants.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing series marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but it is WhatsApp that saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.