IOS has a practical feature, which greatly helps the user to access what they need faster: in the search field, the system already offers shortcuts to the most used apps, assuming that users have a good chance of looking for one of them.
But in contrast, not everyone likes to have recently used applications registered, visible to anyone who might use their iPhone. Everyone has the right to privacy.
Fortunately, it is possible to disable Siri’s Suggestions in the system, easily.
Disabling Siri’s Suggestions
To disable suggestions when searching for iOS, follow these steps:
1. Open the app Settings.
2. Touch “Siri and Search”And slide the screen down until you find the section Siri’s Suggestions.
3. Disable the “Search Suggestions“.
The other two existing options refer to Search on Safari (on internet pages) and the Lock Screen, when the virtual assistant suggests quick shortcuts according to your daily life (such as, for example, drawing a route to work).
Disable Siri’s Suggestions on the Today screen
Another place you’ll find Siri’s Suggestions is on the screen Today, next to the Notification Center. This is a widget that can be disabled as well. See how:
1. Open the Notification Center and drag it to the side to view the widgets. It also works to do this on the device’s locked screen.
2. On the widget screen, scroll to the bottom to view the “Edit” button. Touch it.
1. Remove the “Siri Suggestions” widget from the list.
Check out more tips on iPhone and iPad in our special tips section.