If you are a small business owner, if you are the head of an industry, or if you are simply doing a large group job as a class, learning how to create an email for that group will help a lot in communications with external people.
Read on and find out exactly how to do this and start making your job easier!
1. What does Google Groups?
If you want to learn step by step to create an email for your class, it is very important that you know the platform that will be used for this, Google Groups. In this first section, we’ll cover just that!
It is a service created by google that allows people with common interests to discuss them in a group. The Groups service was initially launched in 2001.
It allows any of your users to freely access and conduct discussions both via the web interface and by email. There are two main types of discussion groups: forums and Usenet groups.
- Fruns: This is what works more like an email list, being very useful and easy to use;
- Usenet: This modality is the Usenet groups, for which the Google Groups serves as a portal and unofficial archive, with posts that comes since 1981. Through the interface, users can read and post in Usenet groups.
In addition to these two modalities, registered users can also create email lists for lists hosted on other services and, even better, create email for class, workgroup and the like.
What can I do with it?
- Organized debates: With it, you can organize all your discussions and debates in one place, ordered by favorites and folders;
- Formatting: You can edit and format your text with different fonts, colors, images and more;
- Customization: it is possible to use photos, pseudonyms and even automatic translations to share ideas, making everything more personal;
- Simplicity: It has numerous shortcuts and a very simplified interface, so that you can navigate quickly and efficiently as soon as you start using it;
- Compatibility: compatible, of course, with any of the best internet browsers. But, much more than that, with optimized sites you can very well browse smartphones, whether Android or iPhone.
In addition, it is still possible to do several other things, such as creating a class email so that everyone in the group can receive simultaneously, meet new people with similar tastes, organize meetings and events, create question and answer forums of any topic and much more!
Finally, it is a good thing to know about it that there are two versions: the free one for everyone and the one for organizations, the second being paid for and administered by one person.
2. How to use it to create class email?
With all of this in mind, let's now take a step-by-step approach so that you can create the email for your class to get better organized. There is a new version of Google Groups, but it does not allow this functionality, called the Collaborative Inbox.
First, you need to create your group. To do this, follow the steps below:
- First, you need to follow the link to the official Google Groups website. If you are not logged in, log in;
- If the new Google Groups is enabled, you should then return to the classic Google Groups;
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen and then“Back to classic Google Groups”;
- Now that you’re in the right version, just create the red button "Create group" in the left part of the screen and then you will need to write the necessary information, listed below
- Group's name: The name that your group will have;
- Group email address: What will the group's address be. That is, where I will arrive and leave the emails;
- Group description: The description of the group, where you can say what it is about;
- Primary group language: All emails that come from Google to the inbox will be in that language;
- Group type: here you will be able to choose to create a class email by selecting from the menu“Collaboration inbox“;
- Basic permissions: Finally, you decide on various permissions such as who can find the group, who can view your group's themes, who can post and who can participate;
- To complete, click on the red button of"Create", complete reCAPTCHA and click "Continue".
If you want to learn more about how to better use and configure your class email you just created, we recommend that you follow the Google help page, via the link.
Did you like our tips on how to create a class email?
Leave in the comments if you already knew Google Groups or if this tool was new to you, saying if you know one you prefer. Don't forget to check out how to do team work on Google Drive and how Google Drive for business works!