useful among some users and not so much for others, the app Shortcuts (Shortcuts), introduced with iOS 12, can help you perform any iOS task or even any activity, such as downloading videos from the internet, recording daily water consumption, and dozens of other options.
Version 2.2.2 (142.8 MB) Requires the iOS 12.0 or superior
If you use shortcuts often, you may have wondered how much more convenient it would be if you could access them directly from your iPhone or iPad Home screen. Well I tell you this is possible!
From a simple (and relatively hidden) configuration, you can add several iOS Home Screen shortcuts (including grouping them into folders), as follows:
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- In the "Library" tab, tap the three points of the shortcut card you want to place on the Home screen. Then tap the two slider button icon (at the top right of the screen) to open the settings for that shortcut.
- Select the "Add Home Screen" option. A Safari page opens.
- In the bottom bar of Safari, tap the "Start Screen" option and set the shortcut name that appears on the Home Screen.
- Tap "Add."
Despite the convenience of adding a Home Screen shortcut, you can view (and access) your shortcuts even faster, depending on your use by adding the shortcut. widget Shortcuts “Today” screen (by pulling the Notification Center and swiping to the right). Check out this tutorial how to do it.
Customize shortcut cones
You can also change the icon of a shortcut to add it iOS Home Screen, making it easy to find it among other applications. This can also be an advantageous option for shortcuts related to the Contacts app; In this case, you can create a shortcut to call someone using their photo as a icon.
To customize the shortcut icon, follow step two of the tutorial above, and then:
- Tap "Icon", select the "Start Screen" option and choose between "Take Photo" or "Select Photo."
- Take or select a photo in the Photos app and adjust the preview area. Tap "Choose" and then "OK."
Delete a shortcut from Home Screen
To delete a shortcut from the iOS Home Screen, simply tap on its icon and hold it to start moving just as you did to erase any other app. Then tap the "X" and confirm the deletion of the shortcut.
· • ·
Did you like these tips? We hope so! Check out our tutorials section and learn how to perform more actions on iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS.