Overall, the days when iOS was criticized for its gigantic limitations on Android are over, Apple's operating system has evolved a lot over the past few years, and today, for the most part, it offers a level of customization almost comparable to that of the little robot system. without anyone having to resort to the infamous jailbreak (which, incidentally, died, all that remains is to bury) for that.
Of course, there are some exceptions to this: the inability to choose a standard browser still persists, as well as the almost static character of the iPhone / iPad home screen as opposed to Android with its dynamic screens and icons mixed with widgets in infinitely configurable compositions, iOS continues with its app icon pages and pages. The only relatively significant changes in this regard were the introduction of folders and 3D Touch, but nothing revolutionary.
That said, there is a way to add blanks between your cones on iPhone or iPad to exercise your creativity in screen compositing. No, not necessary jailbreak for that, but get ready: it is an equally ingenious and funny gambiarra. The process based on a properly named site iEmpty, and we describe it below:
- On your iPhone or iPad, touch and hold any icon on the home screen until all icons begin to shake. Then navigate to the empty screen, which is after your last apps screen.
- Take one screenshot from this screen by pressing the off and volume up buttons (iPhones X, XS, XS Max, and iPads Pro 2018) or the off and start buttons (all other devices).
- In Safari on your device, go to the iempty.tooliphone.net page. Touch option Create BLANK icons.
- Tap the button Add and upload the screenshot you previously made.
- Wait for the process to complete and tap the button. Customization; A screen with your wallpaper and "empty" icons will appear as a position indicator. Tap the icon where you want to leave a blank space.
- This will open a new page in Safari. Tap the browser share button in the bottom bar and select the "Add home screen" option. Tap "Add" without making any changes.
- Your home screen will be added an icon with an invisible name and the exact piece of your wallpaper that it would "cover". Just drag it to the location you previously selected and it will be there, invisible.
- Repeat the process for any other sections you want to make invisible.
Not a brilliant gambiarra? Unfortunately, the method only works as long as you keep your current wallpaper while changing it, of course the process will have to be repeated. In addition, it is ideal that you do not use the "Perspective" option when setting your background image, otherwise the gambiarra may become misaligned.
It is also good to note that although the icons are invisible, they still exist and are active; That is, if you touch them, they will take you to the iEmpty page. The idea here is just to create separating spaces to organize your home screen even more properly.
What did you think? 😛
tip Renata Prumervia iDownloadBlog