The Galaxy Gran Prime Duos is an intermediary launched by Samsung in 2014. In this article you will find the latest information on system updates for the device. Check out the latest news by visiting the topic «update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop».
Highlight recent changesYes No
Take a shortcut
Galaxy Gran Prime Duos – Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
Unfortunately there are no signs that the update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow will arrive on the device. The Galaxy Gran Prime Duos is not on any of the lists revealed by Samsung so far. Apparently, Lollipop 5.1.1 is the last update that this device will receive.
Galaxy Gran Prime Duos – Update for Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
Gran Prime (international version of Duos) can now be upgraded to Lollipop 5.1.1. The update first arrived for international versions and should be made available in Brazil sometime in 2016. On September 1, 2015, the variant marketed in Canada (SM-G530W), received the first notification of the update via OTA and through the Samsung’s Kies software.
The number build (G530HXCU1BOH3) weighs 590 MB and includes improvements in device performance, in addition to some new features for the TouchWiz user interface, such as on-screen notifications and power manager optimizations.
In this way, the device released with Android 4.4.2 officially receives its third system update and, probably, the last one delivered by the manufacturer. Check details for the installation below:
How to install Android Lollipop 5.1. on Galaxy Gran Prime Duos
Firmware number G530WVLU1AOF9, is compatible with the following models of the Gran Prime: SM-G530W, SM-G530P and SM-531H VE. Check below how to install Lollipop 5.1.1 on the device:
- ODIN 3 can be downloaded from this link,
- Locate the version of your Galaxy Gran Prime Duos and download the firmware here;
- Download Samsung Kies software + device drivers here;
- Open Odin3 v3.09;
- Turn on the device in download mode (press and hold home + reduce volume + power);
- Connect the device to the computer and wait until the status on Odin turns blue;
- Add the AP file in the AP field, BL in the BL field, MODEM in CP and CSC in the CSC field;
- Make sure that «Re-Partition» is not checked;
- Click the start button and wait a few minutes;
- If you encounter any problems, turn the device off and on in recovery mode (home + power + increase volume);
- Choose factory clear / reset;
- Then choose Reboot and wait for the device to restart.
Galaxy Gran Prime Duos – Update for Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
According to readers of the website, the SM-G530H variant linked to the operator TIM has been receiving version 5.0.2 of Lollipop in Brazil since April 11th. The update arrives OTA and changes the build number to G530HZTM2BPC1.
This update includes performance improvements and an improved user interface with some new features, such as Material Design elements and smart notifications on the lock screen. The firmware download released by TIM (model SM-G530H) is available on the SamMobile website through this link.
Regarding retail devices or linked to other operators, as well as the SM-G530MU variant of the Galaxy Gran Prime, we still have no update information, but it is to be expected that the update arrives is also underway.
Acknowledgments: CAV and Cristian Cardoso
When the OTA update arrives for your Galaxy Gran Prime Duos
The first thing to keep in mind is that the availability of wireless updates depends on your country and / or operator. To check if your Galaxy Gran Prime can already receive the update, visit: Settings> About phone> Software updates> System updates.