contador web Skip to content

First week of sales of iPhone XS surpassed that of iPhone 8

Two weeks have passed since Apple started the official sale of the iPhones XS and XS Max. Behind the happiness of thousands of users, the analysis company Flurry Analytics was attentive to the number of activations of these devices during the first week of sales to see how they fared and the results are here.

According to the results released by the firm, the launch of the XS and XS Max iPhones represented a significant 45% growth in relation to the first week of sales of iPhones 8 and 8 Plus, last year. In addition, the new models generated more revenue than the combined iPhones 8, 8 Plus and X, during the same period.

More specifically, the iPhone XS had a total share of 0.42% in sales, while the largest model, XS Max, captured 0.68% of the market in the United States. Together, the new devices accounted for 1.1% of all iPhones used in the U.S. in just one week among those that were activated, of course.

The firm also found that the iPhone 7 is the most widespread device on the American market among models of the gadget Ma's flagship, followed by the 7 Plus and the 6s. The iPhone X appears in 6 place, with approximately 10.2% of participation.

US enabled iPhones

The firm compared the results with the first week of sales of iPhones 8 and 8 Plus in 2017, when both models accounted for 0.76% of total sales. In addition, the results showed growth in sales even for the iPhone X, which were officially closed with the introduction of the new iPhones, but which can still be found on the market in several stores.

Considering that Apple start sales of iPhone XR soon, it is certain to say that the new devices, as a whole, will still reach commercial peak in the next two months. According to Peter Farago, an analyst at Flurry, this trend will continue until the shopping season during the holiday season.

The increase in revenue from the sale of new iPhones was expected, in part, due to the value of the iPhone XS Max ($ 1,100 per entry model). Farago also commented that Apple is conducting sales well between the new models and the previous ones.

The results obtained by Flurry were obtained through its smartphone analysis platform, used by more than 1 million applications. The complete survey is available on the company's blog.

via 9to5Mac