Changing the font of WhatsApp letters is possible natively, but the options are quite restricted. The user can make it bold, italic, strikethrough or monospace. If you want more possibilities, you need to use some very simple tricks.
AppGeek teaches you how to change the letter both in chat and in Messenger status. Check out!
How to change the WhatsApp font with Fonts for WhatsApp
To perform the procedure below, it is necessary to download the Fonts for WhatsApp app on your Android device. And, of course, have WhatsApp installed on your device. The application is not available for iPhone.
1. Open the Fonts for WhatsApp app and go to Select Style to choose the font you want;
2. If you want to add decoration to the letter, tap Smiley and select the one you prefer;
3. If you have chosen to include an ornament, in the field Enter your text, delete the word [Text] and type what you want. The result is displayed in the section Result Text, Right below;
4. If you like and want to send the text via WhatsApp, tap on the pink arrow in the lower right corner of the screen;
5. In the menu that appears, go to Send to WhatsApp;
6. Then, select the contact or contacts to whom you want to send the content. Confirm the sending on the green arrow, which appears in the lower right corner of the messenger.
Ready! Simply and quickly the different text is sent.
How to change WhatsApp source natively
The following tip can be used on both Android smartphones and iPhone. The feature is native to WhatsApp and does not require the installation of any extra applications. However, it is restricted to only four options for changes.
To send content in bold, just insert an asterisk at the beginning and another at the end of the sentence. Like for example* AppGeek *
. On Android, it is possible to select the word and, in the menu that appears, choose Bold.
Italic The content in Italic is generated when the user includes the underline (_) at the beginning and at the end of the sentence. So it would look_AppGeek_ . On Android, you can select the word and, in the menu that appears, go toItalic
Strikethrough The letter ̶t̶a̶c̶h̶a̶d̶a̶ is the one crossed out. To use the feature, just use the tilde symbol (~) before and after the content to be sent. For example:~ AppGeek ~
If you use Android and don’t want to be decorating symbols, just select the text, and go to the three dots icon to see more menu options. So, choose strikethrough.
Monospaced The font ?????????̧??? has a larger spacing between the letters, with a style that is similar to that of typewriters. To use it, you need to include three inverted quotes (or back quotes) before and after, as in“ AppGeek ”
On Android, the option is also available when selecting content, tapping the three-dot icon and going in monospace.
How to change the WhatsApp font via the Messletter website
The step by step below can be followed by both Android and iOS users and also in the web version of the messenger. 1.
Access the Messletters website from the browser of your choice, from your cell phone or PC; 2.
Change WhatsApp source 3. Scroll down to see all the options available. See more possibilities atShow all
When you find what you like, touch the icon formed by two pages (highlighted below) to copy; 5.
- Then open WhatsApp and the conversation in which you want to send the content. Then paste the text. To view the option Necklace
- on your smartphone, touch and hold the text box for a few seconds. A menu with the item will appear on the screen. On the PC, right-click more on the text box and go to Necklace (or use the keyboard shortcut while pressing the keysCtrl + V
Now, just send the message as you normally do.
Also check out 7 font apps to have personalized letters on your phone!
Change WhatsApp source
Changing the WhatsApp Status source is also quite simple. The section offers the option of publishing especially text and another to write about the photos and videos you want to post. In the case of the function specially dedicated to texts (accessible by the pencil icon), the user still finds a greater variety of options. By touching the letterT
, has access to five types of sources. In that case, WhatsApp’s native change rules for messages also apply. For example, when you insert the asterisk at the beginning and end of the content, it will appear in bold. If you use theunderline
, will be in italics, and so on.
However, if you need a wider variety of styles, you can use the Messletter website (or any similar one you prefer). So, just copy and paste.
The copy and paste feature also works on texts included in Status photos and videos. Natively, the functionality only offers a font option without the possibility of editing.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing series marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but it is WhatsApp that saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.