Librem 5, Purism's smartphone, finally, has its hardware specifications revealed. Check out the details of this handset.
We currently have good solutions in smartphones However, in the market, personal data are not always really personal. After all, it is not uncommon for companies to use certain data for targeted marketing. Obviously, there are advantages and disadvantages with this market standard.
THE Purism known for its line of laptops with Linux, Librem, and your smartphone Librem 5. It has long been speculated about the specs of this device as it was well known some details such as its operating system PureOS, based on Debian. That it would use converged applications, its graphical interface is a partnership with the GNOME Project, using Flatpak among other details that You can find out in our special post.
Librem 5 Technical Specifications
- Operational system: PureOS (based on Debian);
- Screen: 5.7 inch TPS IPS (720×1140 resolution);
- Processor: 1.5 GHz ARM CPU, i.MX8M Quad-Core Cortex A53;
- Technology Support: OpenGL / ES 3.1, OpenCL 1.2 and Vulkan;
- RAM: 3 GB;
- Internal storage: 32 GB eMMC, with microSD expansion slot;
- Camera: One 13MP rear with LED flash and one 8MP front;
- Drums: Its battery has 3,500mAh, which can be replaced by the user;
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack (narrow and mono), 802.11 a / b / g / n 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.x, Teseo LIF3 GNSS internal GPS, USB 3.0 Type C (data transfer , charging and video output), 2FF slot (SIM card size) smart card reader, microSIM slot and optional Gemalto PLS8 3G / 4G or Brodmobi BM818 modem made in China;
- Extras: RGB LED for notifications with color PWM control, haptic (vibration) motor, ambient light and proximity sensors, acceleration sensors, gyro and 9-axis compass;
- Hardware Switches: With 3 switches on its hardware, Librem 5 is able to enable and disable functions such as Wi-Fi access, Bluetooth and chip usage (internet and communication), camera, microphone, IMU, compass, GNSS, ambient light. and proximity sensors. All physically, ensuring greater control and total privacy.
Currently Librem 5 is available on request, say a pre-sale. With that its value is in $ 649 (approximately $ 2,588 without taxes). This special price will go until July 31st. Right after the value will be $ 699 (approximately R $ 2,787 without taxes).
By bringing the concept of convergence, there is the option to acquire from the smartphone Librem 5 is a kit consisting of: 1 monitor (24 or 30 inches), keyboard and mouse compatible with the device.
Personally the idea of having a smartphone, as Librem 5 attracts me. The ability to use the GNOME environment in either smartphone, as a very interesting desktop. Of course, other solutions, such as Plasma Mobile and Unity 8, could not miss my tests ().
Did you like Librem 5? Would buy one smartphone with this safety philosophy and greater control of your user? Be part of our community and stay on top of news from the world of technology.
Until the next post, I hope you, SYSTEMATICALLY!
_____________________________________________________________________________ See any errors or would you like to add any suggestions to this article? Collaborate, click here.