Eddy Cue pockets nearly $ 60 million in shares and is listed as one of the 20 most influential Latinos

After Tim Cook's millionaire numbers came up, now is the time to talk about Eddy Cue, senior vice president of software and internet services at Apple.

According to an electronically completed form, Cue converted its 525,000 restricted shares into $ 59.6 million of the company's common shares, which closed at $ 113.55 last Wednesday (9/21).

This amount is part of Cue's promotion bonus in 2011. At the time he received 100,000 shares, which became 700,000 divided into several parts as of 2014, when Apple divided its shares (split) in a 1: 7 ratio.

Therefore, these 525 thousand represent 75% of what he still needed to receive, the other 25% he had already received in 2014. Of that amount, 256,305 shares stayed with Apple to satisfy statutory tax requirements and the other 268,695 (US $ 20.2 million) , or R $ 65.5 million) were transferred to a family fund.

· · ·

And here's another interesting fact about Eduardo H. Cu: he secured his name on the list of the 20 most influential Latinos in the technology industry of 2016.

Disclosed by CNET en Espaol, the report selected several people of Latin origin who are in outstanding technology positions in the United States. Cue, who was born in Cuba, has Spanish as her first language and appeared on the list for the second year, said that every day she talks to her parents on the phone in Spanish and talked about the teachings they gave them.

My parents wanted me to be more successful than they were. And I think that a great attribute; I want this for my children. So I owe them a lot for that. And they taught me a lot about the principles of hard work. Both my father and mine worked long hours.

Speaking about his work, Cue commented on Steve Jobs:

One of the most important things that happened to me in life was meeting Steve Jobs almost 20 years ago. And something he did very well was to help me find talents that I didn't know I had.

really cool to see him being recognized like that; as he said, his name “became Americanized”, and perhaps that is why many do not even know about its origins.

(via MacRumors, Apple World Today)

Back to top button

Ad blocker detected

You must remove the AD BLOCKER to continue using our website THANK YOU