Disney Plus (or Disney +) is the new streaming platform announced by Walt Disney Company last week. The service brings together films and series with original and cross-platform productions such as Fox +, and houses famous titles such as the Star Wars franchise, Marvel and The Simpsons. The platform promises to compete with Netflix, a traditional and pioneer company in the field, and Apple TV +, the recently announced streaming of Apple. Here are answers to key questions about Disney's new service, such as release date, price, and catalog.
Beyond Netflix: Get to know other video streaming sites and apps
Disney Plus logo, the company's new streaming service Photo: Disclosure / The Walt Disney Company
Want to buy a cell phone, TV and other discounted products? Meet the Compare dnetc
Disney Plus is an audiovisual entertainment platform for Disney movies, series, documentaries and shows. The prototype of the program interface has great similarities with Netflix software. The difference of the new service is that, despite offering the same tools (such as no ads and the option to watch online and offline), the application has an unlimited collection of downloadable content. With a wide portfolio and a wide range of classic and indite productions, the application seeks to attract customers of the age group.
Disney Plus will bring together content from Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars and National Geographic Photo: Reproduction / Disney
2. What devices can I access the platform?
At the Disney presentation, it was reported that the service will support a variety of mobile (desktop) and desktop (PC) devices, including game consoles such as Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Playstation 4 and other devices such as Smart TVs, including Apple TV, Chromecast, and Roku. However, not all devices disclosed in the presentation have been confirmed by the corporation. To offer a high definition service, it must also feature 4K HDR video support.
3. When is it available and what is the price of Disney +?
The premiere of the service will take place November 12, in the United States, with a starting price of $ 6.99 (about $ 27.13) in the monthly plan or $ 69.99 (about $ 271.30) in the plan. Yearly.
The highly competitive value disputes with Netflix, which costs about $ 13 per month in the country. The specific release date of the service in Brazil has not yet been released, but it is expected to arrive soon.
New Disney app interface prototype + Photo: Playback / Disney
4. What productions will be available?
The catalog of movies and series would have about 7,500 episodes and over 500 films available. It features productions from some company brands such as Marvel, Pixar, Disney, Star Wars and National Geographic. More than 25 original series and 10 films and documentaries have been announced for the service's debut. Among the original contents announced, some of them are:
- The movies of the famous cartoon "Phineas and Ferb", gives Disney Animation;
- The series short film"Forky asks a question" and the movie "Lamp" , based on franchise movies Toy Storyfrom Pixar Studios;
- The series "The Malorian" and the movie "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker", which take place in the universe of Star Wars;
- "Marvel's Hero Project", non-scripted series that tells the inspiring story of children who dedicate their lives to selfless gestures and "Be the Boss," culinary competition program;
- The documentary series "Magic of the Animal Kingdom", which explores the backstage of the parks world of Disney Animal Kingdom and Animal Sea Word, and "The World According to Jeff Goldblum", which reveals the great scientific inventions behind common objects. Both documentaries will be produced by National Geographic;
- Marvel Productions, such as "WandaVision"which tells the story of the superhero Wanda and Viso of the Avengers, and the"The Falcon and The Winter Soldier ", which explores the story of these two superheroes and "Loki", which tells the story of the super villain;
- "Marvel what if …?"is the first animated Marvel series to explore the possible scenarios of the Marvel universe if the scripts were built in different ways.
In addition to the productions described, the platform will also feature company classics and new productions blockbuster, like Dumbo, Frozen 2Capit marvel Toy Story 4 and other titles. Finally, users will also be able to access some content produced by Fox Studios, Disney's latest acquisition, such as the 30-season Simpsons, the classic movie "The Promised Princess" and the series. "Malcolm in the middle".
Also discussed is the possibility of including the contents of Hulu and ESPN +, which are company property, but details have not yet been released.
Giant fight: Netflix vs Disney Plus
Since late 2018 and early 2019, a large number of Marvel series have been canceled on Netflix, including Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Walt Disney claims that, for now, episodes will still be available on the platform originally shown, but do not rule out the possibility of resuming on their platform. However, because of the app's family and child character, productions geared towards those over 13 should be diverted to Hulu Plus.
Streaming videos crashing; what to do? Ask questions on the dnetc forum.
Netflix: Tips Every Subscriber Should Know