Making videos like photos and music is always a great way to immortalize important moments, like parties and trips. To create these animations, it is not necessary to have knowledge of image editing.
After all, a series of free apps for Android and iPhone allows you to create compiled images of your favorite sound in just a few steps.
AppGeek explains how to make a video with photo and music in today’s best programs, such as TikTok, Kwai, VivaVideo and InShot.
TikTok is a short film creation app famous for its music editing and dubbing features (lip-syncing). What not everyone knows is that the program offers the option to create videos with photos and music in a simple and intuitive way.
1. Open TikTok and, on the app’s home page, tap the +;
2. Now, go on Upload;
3. Select the tab Image and touch the circle over the photos you want to use in your video;
4. When finished, go to Slideshow, in the upper right corner of the screen;
5. Now it’s time to edit your preferences. You have the following options:
- Add a sound: you can choose a song from the TikTok gallery to be the soundtrack for your video. Go to the icon with the musical note to see all the options. To hear a preview, tap on the name of the song and to add it, confirm in the red rectangle with the check icon;
- Filters: as the name suggests, it is possible to add the effect of your preference. There are a few dozen of them available;
- Vertical: will open the option to choose whether to transition the photos vertically or horizontally. Confirm the selection on the check icon;
6. Once the edits have been made, proceed to Advance;
7. If you have an account created on TikTok, you can publish the video on the platform’s social network or share on WhatsApp, Instagram or Facebook. Once published on the platform, you will also be able to save the movie on your smartphone.
Check out how to perform this and other procedures in our comprehensive TikTok guide. In August 2019, the video app was the most downloaded in the world, Android and iOS, according to the specialized website Sensor Tower.
Download: Android / iOS
Like TikTok, Kwai is a very popular video editor. Mainly, due to its augmented reality filters, in the style of those of Snapchat, the option to make music videos in a simple way and direct sharing in WhatsApp Status.
The app allows you to easily create photo films with musical background that you prefer and offers a kind of social network. Through it, you can share your creations and follow those of other users.
When using it for the first time, it is necessary to make a brief registration with your data from Facebook, Gmail or phone number. Here’s how to create a video with photos and music on Kwai.
1. Open Kwai and, at the top of the screen, tap on the orange circle icon with a camera;
2. On the next screen, go to Album;
3. Choose the tab Photos and touch the ones you want to include in the video, remembering that the limit is 30 images. When you are finished selecting, go to Next;
4. Now is the time to edit your video. In the bottom menu are the following options:
- Theme: allows the inclusion of animated thematic filters, some with words that cannot be edited;
- Music: to select the background music in the app library. Tap on the song, then tap To apply. Choose the part of the song you want to use, using a musical note icon with scissors. The option also has a tab Record, in which it is possible to make an audio to include in the video. Complete the changes to the check icon;
- Cover: you can choose the frame (table) that will stamp the publication;
- Sticker: as the name suggests, it offers stikers to include in the video;
5. At the top of the screen, on the right, is the option More. By tapping on, you can include different filters, in Effects, or insert the textual content of your choice, in Text;
6. When editing is complete, go to Next;
7. Then, you can publish the content on Kwai itself and share it with other platforms, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram. Check if the option Save Location is checked, so that the video is also recorded on your device.
Download: Android / iOS
Kwai: how to create amazing videos and share on Status and Stories
Created exactly thinking about setting up WhatsApp Status creative and fun, VStatus allows you to make videos with photos in just 3 steps. Choose the available model, select the audio and add the images you want.
To use the app, you need to create an account, either with Facebook or Gmail data. Then, just follow the step by step below:
1. Open VStatus and tap on the +, located at the bottom of the screen;
2. Touch the option Video Status;
3. Choose one of the available models. Below each one there is information on how many photos are supported;
4. So, go on Start creating;
5. Select the images you want to use in the video and tap Readyat the top of the screen;
6. On the next screen, you can customize the template by changing the song or adding stickers. By touching Pro, you can also insert filters, text, pixelated effect, cut the video, insert background, among other options.
7. When you finish editing, go to Next, at the top of the screen,
8. Insert the caption you want and, if you want to share it with other apps, like WhatsApp and Instagram, just tap on its icons. Finish in Publish.
Your publications will be shared on the application’s social network. If you want to save them on your phone, just check the box Save to album before publishing.
VivaVideo is another great video editor option on the market, which allows you to create movies with photos and music in a very intuitive way. But not only that. The app also features augmented reality effects and the creation of videos with soundtrack and dubbing.
The program also allows you to download videos from the Status of WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook and extract the audio from any video in MP3 format.
VivaVideo does not function as a social network, so it does not require the creation of a user account. Creating your movie with photos is even easier in this app, since the option is available, highlighted, already on the home screen.
1. Open VivaVideo and, on the home screen, go to Photo Video;
2. Make sure the tab Photograph is selected and then tap on the images you want to add to the slideshow. When you have finished selecting, go to Next;
3. Now is the time to customize your video. In the lower menu, the following options are available:
- Theme: allows adding animated themes to the video, such as New Year’s Eve, unicorns, camera viewfinder style, Halloween, among others;
- Music: access to the song gallery to use as a soundtrack. Unlike TikTok and Kwai, it does not offer popular songs, only those free of copyright;
- Clip editing: in this section, it is possible to insert filters, change the display time of the photos, include transition effects, among other options;
- Effects: as the name suggests, it allows to insert effects to the creation. Among them the time when the song starts or ends and include text balloons, stickers and GIFs. It is also possible to add visual and sound effects, as well as include audios made on the spot;
4. After making all the desired edits, go to To save, in the upper right corner of the screen;
5. In the free version, it is possible to save as a GIF (without audio) or as a 480p quality movie. In the paid package are also available in 720p (HD) and 1080p (Full HD) resolution;
6. The content is immediately saved on your cell phone and can also be shared on the social networks of your choice.
The free version of VivaVideo allows you to export videos of up to 5 minutes. However, the film must have the program’s watermark included. To remove it, you need to subscribe premium of the app.
Download: Android / iOS
How to put subtitles on video online and on mobile easily
InShot is another app aimed specifically at image editing and, therefore, offers the function of creating videos with photos in a very intuitive way. .
The application also does not require the creation of a user account and also offers tools for creating collages and photo editing. Your interface clean leaves no doubt what must be done to assemble the clip, as explained below.
1. Open InShot and go to Video, within the section Create new;
2. Check if the tab Photograph is selected and then tap on the images you want to include in the movie. At the end of the selection, touch the green circle with a check symbol at the bottom right of the screen;
3. Now, it’s time to make the content your own. It is worth mentioning that most editions need to be made from photo to photo individually. Among the available options are:
- Canva: allows you to change the aspect ratio of the image;
- Filter: in addition to the filter itself, the feature allows you to include effects, such as mosaic, mirroring, old TV, among others. It is within Filter that the user can also make image adjustments such as contrast, temperature, color, saturation, vignette, etc .;
- Music: As with VivaVideo, InShot’s library includes only copyright-free songs. Just choose a theme, tap on the name to listen and, if you want to include it, go to a cloud icon with a down arrow to download it. Then go to Use;
- Speed: allows you to change the display time of each photo;
4. When editing is complete, go to To save, located in the upper right corner of the screen;
5. Choose the quality in which you will save the content: 640p, 720p or 1080p.
The content is immediately saved to your phone. Then it can also be shared on the social networks of your choice.
Download: Android / iOS
Did you like the tip? Then you’ll also enjoy checking out our list of the 7 best free video editors for mobile. And if you want to use images in another way, we’ve put together all the photo montage apps you need to know!