Updated on October 9, 2008 and October 31, 2008
1. Initiative. This contest is an initiative of Casa dos Bits, the company responsible for the edition of TeK.SAPO, and the SAPO Portal and aims to choose the most creative works presented by its readers in video, image or written text format.
2. Target audience
- 2.1. All readers over 16 years old, or minors who receive authorization from guardians can participate. Each reader can compete with a maximum number of 5 works.2.2. When submitting the work, readers should mention the name and contact details of a valid phone and email that will only be used for future contacts. If they wish to use a nicname to accompany the publication of the works, they must state that intention and the nickname to be used.
3. Presentation of Papers
- 3.1. Format of the works: All works in digital format are accepted in the competition, sent by email until the deadline mentioned in point 4.
3.2. Scope of work. The works submitted to the competition must creatively represent the interest of readers in the Technology area and videos, images or texts can be presented, with a maximum of 1,000 characters. They should also argue why readers feel they deserve to win the prize.3.3. Originality and creativity. The works can be of original production or transformed from other pieces, inspired by published works, but they must always preserve the obtaining of copyright or authorization of its use. If they are transformed from an original part, the sources used must be mentioned.
When submitting the work, the authors must also mention in the email that they give to Casa dos Bits and SAPO the right to publish these pieces on their websites.
4. Delivery of works. SAPO’s Video and Photos platforms must be used to present the projects. Videos and photos must be uploaded to these platforms, and then an email should be sent to the address [email protected], with the link to the website where the video and image resides, accompanied by bibliographic references and the grant. publication rights on SAPO and TeK.SAPO websites.
- 5.1. Delivery of Works. Papers must be sent until September 30, 2008, at 6 pm. As they are sent they will be published on a TeK.SAPO page.Note: At the request of many readers, this deadline has been extended and for this reason the works may be delivered until October 23, at 6 pm.
5.2. The Jury will select the five best works presented, which will be put to vote on the TeK.SAPO Portal between the 8th and 15th of October.Note: These dates are also changed. Voting will be available between the 31st of October and the 4th of November, until 6pm.
5.3. The work that receives the most votes until October 15th at 6pm will be the winner of the first prize.Note: This reference is changed to the 4th of November at 6 pm.
5.4. The winner of the contest will be contacted by the Casa dos Bits team on 17 October and has two weeks to collect the prize at SAPO’s premises.Note: The dates mentioned are also changed to the 10th of November, after which two weeks will count for the withdrawal of the prize.
6. Evaluation criteria
- 6.1. The evaluation of the project will be made by a jury made up of two elements from Casa dos Bits and one element from the SAPO Portal that will select the five best works in the competition. These will then be put to the readers’ vote. The most voted work will be the winner.6.2. The works will be evaluated by the Jury according to the following criteria:
- . Suitability to the theme. Originality. If non-original video or image works are delivered, only the first work delivered will be considered valid.
7. Awards. The first prize is a Wii console, offered by Nintendo in partnership with SAPO and Casa dos Bits. The Contest winner will be contacted until October 17, 2008 and has two weeks to collect the prize at SAPO’s premises. Note: The dates mentioned are also changed to the 10th of November, after which two weeks will count for the withdrawal of the prize.
8. Litigation. All cases not covered by this Regulation will be resolved by the Casa dos Bits management.
Editorial Note: The regulation was changed according to the extension of the competition dates, a joint decision by SAPO and Casa dos Bits.