In late April, Google launched the Documents and Spreadsheets apps (its new productivity suite) on the App Store, promising that the app Presentations would arrive soon.
It took a while, but the app was finally released today.
Create, edit and collaborate with others on presentations on your iPod, iPhone or iPad with the free Google Presentations app. With Google Slides, you can:
- Create new presentations or edit any that has been created on the web or some other device.
- Share presentations and work with others on the same presentation at the same time.
- Open, edit and save Microsoft PowerPoint files.
- Do your job at any time, even without an internet connection.
- Add and rearrange slides, format text and shapes, and more.
- Present slides directly from your device.
- Never worry about losing your job, as everything is automatically saved as you type.
As we can see from the description above, the app does exactly the same thing as its brothers, both Documents and Spreadsheets were updated today and now open, edit and save Word and Excel documents respectively; in addition, Spreadsheets now allows viewing graphs, inserting formulas and using the find / replace feature.
(tip from @cristianfb)