The official Google Chrome blog announced “a new beta” for the service. You can download this via this link.
As you download, check out Chrome’s newest feature, and one that draws the most attention in this new beta:
As the video shows, when you drag a tab out of the tab bar it will be possible to pass it over a point where an icon will appear. Releasing the mouse over it will cause the window to be resized and docked according to the function of the place. The functions of each position on the screen are likely to be customizable.
- The tab appears maximized in a new window.
- The tab appears in a new window that fills the bottom of the screen.
- The tab appears in a new window that fills either the right or left side of the screen.
- The tab appears in a new window, below the existing one, the two windows share the screen.
- The tab appears in a new window, on the left or right, and both it and the existing window are resized to divide the two halves of the screen.
Source: Chrome Blog