With the iPhone's battery cycles, it is possible to check the battery's real health, and there may even be a warranty change.
How many battery charge cycles have you performed on your iPhone? This information is very useful if your iPhone has reached less than 80% maximum battery capacity and before reaching the 500 full charge cycles. If this is the case for you, and the device is still within the 1 year warranty, you can request Apple replacing the iPhone battery free of charge.
One tells complete cycle charge when you use (discharge) an amount equivalent to 100% of the battery's capacity, but not necessarily a charge. If you use 75% of the battery capacity in one day, then give it a full charge overnight, and then use 25% the next day, if you have discharged 100%, and the two days will equal a charge cycle. Thus, a charge cycle may vary depending on the use of your iPhone.
In addition to checking that your iPhone need an exchange, knowing this information helps a lot when buying or selling a iPhone It is used, so you will know exactly if the battery health is good or already has a problem. Check out our tutorial now.
Check the maximum battery capacity
The first step is to check the maximum battery capacity of the iPhone. This measure is a percentage, which indicates how much the battery is capable of charging when compared to a new battery. To check, follow the steps:
- We Settings iPhone, select Drums and after that, Battery Health.
- In the window that opens, you will find the Maximum Capacity the battery. In the case below, it means that the battery has 88% of the capacity of a new battery. For the Apple make the exchange in warranty, this number must be below 80%. If this is the case, the next step is to check the amount of battery cycles.
Locate the iPhone battery cycle log
1. With your iPhone in hands, enter us Settings and select Privacy (this item will be further down the Settings menu, after the Battery icon).
2. Then select the item Analysis and Improvements, and then activate Share Anlise. It is recommended to wait two days after activating this option, for the system to collect all information and define how many battery cycles the iPhone were done.
3. To access analysis, log in again Analysis and Improvements, and you find the item Analysis data, tap to open and immediately after a list of system log files is displayed, in alphabetical order. Look for files named by “Log-aggregated”, and open the last file that is written “Log-aggregated”.
4. Within the file you opened there is a lot of information, and it will be necessary copy all content to Grades of iPhone to look for how many battery cycles have been done on your iPhone. To facilitate copying we recommend go down to the end of the file, select a term and ride up with the selection tool to the top of the screen.
5. Within the Grades, create a new annotation and copy all content. To find the number of cycles, click button located on top right corner called To share.
6. After opening this menu, scroll down the screen a little and click in Search in Note and write exactly"BatteryCycleCount" or “CycleCount”And locate the item. When you find this term, note that next to having a number between terms “
See the two videos we did with the step by step on how to check the iPhone's battery cycles in case of any doubt.
Locate the battery cycle record iPhone
Open the last file “log-aggregated”, copy all the content to the Notes on the iPhone and search for “BatteryCycleCount" or by "CycleCount“
Analyzing the registry through Windows Notepad:
If you want to search for information on the computer, you can use Notepad, in a simple process. Here we teach you how to share the log through the Google Drive, however it is also possible to share with other cloud sharing services, such as Dropbox and iCloud Drive.
1. Send the “log-aggregated” file to the Google Drive, to do this just click on the Sharing and select the Google Drive. You can also send the file by email or any other means that you can access on your computer. With this tip you save time and do not need to select all the content of the file by iPhone;
2. On your computer, download the file that was previously shared and open it with Notepad, since the file extension".Ips" not compatible with the Google Drive or another program. To open this file just click with the right button mouse and select "Open with" and choose the Notepad;
3. After opening the file with Notepad, press "Ctrl + F" simultaneously to open the menu To locate and type exactly the term "BatteryCycleCount" or “CycleCount“, And click Find Next. When locating this term, next to have a number between terms “
Tips for maintaining iPhone battery health
You may wonder, but how does drums can it degrade over time? There are several factors that can damage the iPhone over time, such as operating temperature, environment being loaded and even the iOS outdated, see the tips to preserve your battery:
- Software updates from Apple include several advanced technologies to save energy. Always keep your iPhone with the latest version of iOS;
- THE iPhone it was designed to have a good performance at different temperatures, with the ideal temperature between 16 C to 22 C. Avoid the smartphone being exposed to temperatures above 35 C, this will cause permanent damage to the battery's capacity and the device to fully charge;
- Load your iPhone at high temperatures cause even more damage, luckily the iOS will block charging at 80% if the battery temperature exceeds the recommended limit;
- At very low temperatures, it is possible for the battery to drop in life, but this will return to normal when the ambient temperature is normalized.
- Load the iPhone with the cover you can also increase the temperature of the device, so it is recommended to remove the cover before carrying out the charging.
What did you think of this tutorial? Tell us comments!