The filter of a yellow dog lying on the floor became a fever on Instagram. Called the Sasha Dog, the super-realistic effect of the dog positioned in unusual places or next to other animals has probably already appeared in your stories.
You must be asking yourself: how do I have fun too? AppGeek helps you not to be left out of the meme of the moment.
We teach you how to find and use the dog filter on Instagram and deceive your friends.
How to use Instagram dog filter
To use a filter that is not automatically made available by Instagram, it is necessary to “steal” from someone who is using it or search for it on Effects Gallery. But finding a specific one, like Sasha Dog’s, may not be so easy.
The walkthrough below, however, simplifies your life. Just have the Instagram app installed on your Android smartphone or iPhone.
1. From your cell phone, go to the Sasha Dog filter page and choose Open with Instagram;
2. Immediately, the filter is already open in your Stories. To save the effect for later use, tap on the name Sasha Dog;
3. Then go to Save to camera and tap OK to confirm;
4. To use the effect, move your smartphone to “find” the lying caramel puppy. When you see it, tap on it and drag across the screen to position it where you want.
- To adjust the size, use two fingers in tweezers until it is more realistic in relation to the scenery;
5. As in any other Story, touch the button in the center of the screen to take the photo or keep it pressed to make a video;
6. If you want, include the editing elements such as text, filter, stickers, etc. Complete publishing on Your Story.
Can any user create filters on Instagram?
The creator of the Sasha Dog filter, Antonio Ruggiero, is a regular Instagram user. Since August 2019, the social network has allowed anyone to create and share similar effects that can be accessed by everyone.
To do this, you need to download the Spark AR Studio program, created by Facebook and available for Mac OS and Windows. It is through it that it is possible to create the augmented reality filters. Among the effects are those of face distortion, simulation of particles and lights, masks, among others.
However, before you see your creations being used by third parties, you need to go through an approval process. For that, it is necessary to submit it to the Spark AR Hub website.
You must have an account and choose whether to share it on Instagram or Facebook. During this process, the filter will be available for 1 hour on the desired platform to perform the necessary tests and adjustments before completing the shipment.
After you submit, you must wait for the Facebook / Instagram team to approve the submitted content. The period for receiving a response can vary from one business day to one week.
Journalist graduated from UFRJ, she has been writing about technology for seven years. Carioca currently lives in Portugal, the country he adopted. In his free time, he enjoys going to the beach, reading, watching movies and doing series marathons. Instagram is your favorite social network, but it is WhatsApp that saves you from missing those who stayed in Brazil.