As with the iPhone 6s and SE, the Apple Watch Series 1 (new name of the original Apple Watch) dropped in price with the arrival of Series 2.
Before entering the prices, it is worth noting that the Series 1 is basically the first generation model of the clock with a brain transplant: the S1 chip comes out and the S2 enters (with two cores and 50% faster). In addition, Apple preferred to keep only the sports version (made of aluminum) of the watch, killing stainless steel and gold (yellow or pink).
Below, you can see a comparison of the models:
- 38mm Apple Watch Series 1 (aluminum): from R $ 2,600 per R $ 2,200 (-15.4%)
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 1 (aluminum): from R $ 3,000 per R $ 2,350 (-21.7%)
Here are the values for some Apple Watch Series 2 models compared to their predecessors:
- 38mm Apple Watch Series 2 (aluminum): from R $ 2,600 per R $ 3,000 (+ 15.4%)
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 2 (aluminum): from R $ 3,000 per R $ 3,150 (+ 5.0%)
- 38mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; sports watch): R $ 4,600 per R $ 4,400 (-4.3%)
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; sports wrist): R $ 5,000 per R $ 4,800 (-4.0%)
- 38mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; modern clasp): R $ 6,200 per R $ 5,900 (-4.8%)
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; leather strap): R $ 5,800 per R $ 5,500 (-5.2%)
- 38mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; link bracelet): R $ 7,900 per R $ 7,500 (-5.1%)
- 42mm Apple Watch Series 2 (stainless steel; link pulley): R $ 8,300 per R $ 7,900 (-4.8%)
As I said, the Apple Watch Edition (made of yellow or pink gold) is now gone. It has actually been replaced by a version still named Edition, but much more acceptable at least in the US, where it costs $ 1,250 (38mm) and $ 1,300 (42mm).
The Apple Watch Edition has been reinvented in shiny white ceramic, as beautiful as it is resistant. With all the incredible features of the Apple Watch Series 2, it is the next generation of a unique watch.
Light, sophisticated and very strong, ceramic is four times more rigid than stainless steel. In addition, its pearly and shiny finish does not scratch or stain.
The manufacture of the Apple Watch Edition cases begins by combining zirconia powder and aluminum oxide to achieve a vibrant white color. Then they are compressed, sintered and polished with a diamond paste. The result is a surface of remarkable smoothness and refined shine. it's such an accurate process that each Apple Watch Edition case takes days to make.
In Brazil, the new model costs R $ 9,900 (38mm) and R $ 10,300 (42mm).
Taking into account that the old Edition cost between R $ 80,000 and R $ 135,000, we are definitely talking about another Apple strategy.
The Apple Watch charging base dropped in price in Brazil, from R $ 650 to R $ 600; the cable with a 1 meter magnetic charger remains the same R $ 220, but the 2 meter cable went from R $ 300 to R $ 280.
Update · 09/07/2016 s 20:56
The bracelets were also priceless, see:
- Sports and nylon weave: R $ 330 per R $ 300 (-9.1%)
- Classic clasp, leather and milan style: from R $ 1,130 per R $ 1,000 (-11.5%)
- Black milans style: from R $ 1,530 per R $ 1,400 (-8.5%)
- Modern clasp: from 1,930 per R $ 1,800 (-6.7%)
- From links: from R $ 3,630 per R $ 3,400 (-6.3%)
- From black links: from R $ 4,430 per R $ 4,200 (-5.2%)
- Link bracelet kit (42mm): from R $ 330 per R $ 300 (-9.1%)
(tip from Victor Dias)