The latest app updates include news from some popular Apple software, such as the suite Final Cut Pro (which includes FCP itself, Motion and Compressor). In addition, the company also released new versions of the GarageBand (for macOS) and the Xcode, as we will see below.
In addition to Apple apps, Adobe has implemented the ability to import images directly into the Lightroom.
In addition, the browser Google Chrome, The TV Time and the apps Digital Transit Card and Drafts have also been updated with good news. Shall we go to them?
Final Cut Pro
Apple’s professional video editing app has been updated with a number of fixes and improvements, including the following:
- Prevents an issue that could lead to the display of visual distortions on the screen of systems with NVIDIA graphics cards with the “Reduce transparency” accessibility preference available.
- Corrects an issue that prevented the media from displaying in the photo library browser when using Final Cut Pro on macOS Catalina.
- Corrects an issue that loaded an incorrect project on the timeline.
- Resolves an issue where thumbnails were not updated when browsing titles, generators and transitions in the browser.
- Improves stability when sharing.
- Improves stability when sliding media in the browser.
- Improves reliability when working with Sony XAVC media.
- Improves reliability when importing and exporting CEA 608 subtitles.
Version 5.4.5 (2.3 GB) Requires macOS 10.14.6 or superior
Apple’s special effects software has also recently won a deal. Like FCP, Motion received some corrections and improvements:
- Corrects an issue where the HUD did not appear when using the Increase / Decrease behavior.
- Corrects an issue where the “Color Space Replacement” menu option was not available when working in WCG.
- Corrects an issue where 3D text with transparency could display distortions.
- Prevents an issue that could lead to the display of visual distortions on the screen of systems with NVIDIA graphics cards when the “Reduce Transparency” accessibility preference is active.
- Improves stability when sharing projects.
- Improves reliability when entering Korean text.
Version 4.4.6 (324.2 MB) Requires macOS 10.14.6 or superior
The latest app in the FCP suite also got fixes and improvements:
- Improves stability when using the feature «Reverse Telecine».
- Improves reliability when importing Dolby Vision metadata.
- Corrects an issue where an error was reported incorrectly when applying Dolby Vision metadata to a package created for the iTunes Store.
- Corrects an issue where an error was reported incorrectly when checking a package created for the iTunes Store.
Here, apparently no highlight. According to the release notes for GarageBand update 10.3.4, only «stability improvements and bug fixes» were made.
Version 11.6 (8.1 GB) Requires macOS 10.15.2 or superior
As usual, whenever Apple releases updates for its main software (iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS), it also launches a new version of Xcode, which is aimed at app development.
In addition, the app gained support for the second generation Touch Bar (from the 16-inch MacBook Pro, with the Esc key and Touch ID separate) to simulate animations on the interactive keyboard.
Adobe announced that Lightroom for iOS is getting a new feature that allows the user import photos directly to the app on iPhones and iPads. The novelty had been released last month, but only now has been definitively implemented in the application.
With this, when you connect a Lightning to SD or Lightning to USB 3.0 adapter to the iPhone (or a USB-C card reader to the iPad), you can import RAW files directly into Lightroom without having to make an extra copy in the app IOS photos – which cost time and, of course, storage. Once imported directly into Lightroom, images can be edited immediately and saved to Creative Cloud on all of your devices connected to your Adobe account.
In addition, the app also gained new export features and enhancements for shared albums. With the advanced export options, it is now possible to select the file type, pixel dimensions, compression, watermark, and even an option to export multiple files simultaneously, among others.
The Mountain View giant’s browser has been updated on both mobile and notebook / desktop platforms with a very interesting new feature: credential leak check.
If you find that your identity has been leaked, the browser will immediately suggest that you change your password on all sites where it was used. The feature was first introduced as an extension to Google earlier this year; shortly thereafter, it integrated Google’s password manager and is now a native Chrome feature.
The desktop version also gained another very important security feature: protection against phishing In real time. Previously, Chrome had a 30-minute window between each scan, which made several sites go through the browser filter; with the update, users will be notified with even more emphasis on malicious sites.
In addition, Chrome now also protects your passwords even if the browser sync feature is disabled. Still thinking about your security, it now better displays profile information on devices shared by more than one person, helping users not to save information to the wrong account. According to the company, the change is only visual and does not interfere with the synchronization settings.
The tool for organizing TV Time movies and series has also been updated recently – but the changes are more aesthetic than functional. So, now the app automatically syncs between Light and Dark Mode according to the iPhone / iPad settings.
To enable / disable the option, just open the app and go to: Profile »Settings» App. If you want to disable automatic synchronization, you can select one of the two themes as a default.
To those interested, we recently made a video showing all the details of the app:
Digital Transit Card
Personally, I can leave the house quietly without my CNH (National Driving License) – if I have my iPhone. The Digital Traffic Wallet app is a very simple tool and can be very important to save you in a time of need. It was time, however, for the app to get a makeover, and that is exactly what the Federal Data Processing Service (Serpro) did with the app.
In addition to a very intuitive new design, the app has gained a new “Notifications” section where the user can check some important information about his wallet and / or vehicle (if you are in a supported state to include CRLV data), such as recall it’s the CNH due date.
The Drafts text app (compatible with Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple Watches) has, in its last update, gained support for new sharing actions, making it easier to open or send documents to other apps. The option was already being used on iPhones and iPads, but has now expanded to all compatible devices.
As such, Drafts for Mac now includes the following groups of actions: Basic, Editing, Markup, Tools and Processing. There is also the action for Drafts, by which you can find a repository of add-ons to further increase integration with other apps.
For example, you can integrate Drafts with WordPress to post directly from the app’s drafts to your blog. In addition, it is possible to connect it to the Things app to transpose the created text as a task in this software.
Version 16 of Drafts for Mac also includes other fixes and improvements, such as changing the behavior of windows and filtering them by tags, text, etc.