Apple recently reported that some older devices were experiencing problems when upgrading to iOS 9.3 and therefore removed the air update for such devices (iPhones 5s and earlier; iPads Air Air and earlier), promising a new version of the mobile operating system soon.
A few minutes after the declaration, a new version of iOS 9.3 (build 13E236) for iPads 2 apparently the most affected device was released; however, the company has now made a new compilation (13E237) available to all others.
The update is available from both the device itself and iTunes.
It is worth noting that this problem (freezing of the system at the time of activation) has nothing to do with the problem of the links that are affecting Safari, Mail, Notes and other apps.
Update · 03/28/2016 s 14:15
Here are the direct download links, if you prefer to download and install everything manually:
- iPad2,1 = iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad2,3 = iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad2,4 = iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi
- iPad2.5 = iPad mini Wi-Fi
- iPad2,6 = iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad2,7 = iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad3,1 = third generation iPad Wi-Fi
- iPad3,2 = third generation iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad3,3 = third generation iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad3,4 = 4th generation iPad Wi-Fi
- iPad3,5 = 4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM) iPad
- iPad3,6 = 4th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA) iPad
- iPad4,1 = iPad Air Wi-Fi
- iPad4,2 = iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular
- iPad4,3 = iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular (compatible with 4G networks in China)
- iPad4,4 = iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad4,5 = iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular
- iPad4,6 = iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular (compatible with 4G networks in China)