Apple released today, after a few days of final tests with the builds Golden Master, the final versions of the following operating systems: iOS / iPadOS 13.6 (build 17G68), macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73), watchOS 6.2.8 (17U63) and tvOS 13.4.8 (17M61).
iOS / iPadOS 13.6
IOS / iPadOS 13.6 comes with some relevant news, such as digital keys for cars, an audio feature for users to listen to the news on Apple News + and another that remembers exactly where you stopped reading an article (syncing everything between devices), option to automatically download and / or install updates and a new symptom area in the app Cheers (Health).
In iPadOS 13.6, references to new keyboard shortcuts to control brightness and volume were found a few weeks ago, but we still don’t know if they are in fact in the final version.
Here is the complete changelog:
IOS 13.6 adds compatibility with digital car keys and contains a new category of symptoms in the Health app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Digital car keys• Unlock, lock and start an iPhone compatible car; • Safely remove digital keys from a lost device via iCloud; • Share digital keys easily via iMessage; • Driver specific profiles to set up shared keys for full access or restricted driving; • The power reserve allows you to unlock and start the car for up to five hours after the iPhone runs out of battery.
Cheers• New category of symptoms in the Health app, including registered Cycle Tracking symptoms • Ability to register new symptoms such as fever, chills, sore throat or cough and share them with third party apps.
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
• Adds a new setting to choose whether updates are automatically downloaded to the device when using Wi-Fi; • Addresses an issue that could cause apps to stop responding when syncing data from iCloud Drive; • Fixes an issue that could cause data roaming appeared to be disabled in eSIM, although it remained enabled; • fixes an issue that caused some Saskatchewan calls to appear as originating from the United States; • addresses an issue that could interrupt audio when making phone calls via Wi Calls -Fi; • Fixes an issue that prevented some iPhone 6s and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi Connections; • Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when connecting certain third-party physical keyboards; • Fixes an issue that could cause Japanese physical keyboards to incorrectly map as a US keyboard; • Addresses issue s stability when accessing the Control Center when Assistive Touch was enabled; • Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude traffic from always-on VPN connections.
To update your iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, go to Settings »General» Software Update and follow the instructions on the screen.
Apple today also released iOS 12.4.8 (build 16G201) for owners of devices not compatible with iOS 13, probably bringing recent security fixes.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6
MacOS, on the other hand, does not bring big news – just the famous improvements and general fixes.
MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 improves Mac security and reliability.
• Adds a new option to optimize video transmission on portable HDR-compatible Mac devices to improve battery life; • Fixes an issue where the computer name could change after installing a software update; • Resolves a problem where certain USB mice and trackpads could lose connection.
To update, go to System Preferences »Software Update and follow the instructions.
Finally, after almost two years of waiting, Brazilians are gaining access to ECG it’s from irregular heart rate notifications Apple Watch.
This article of ours and the video above explain how to fully configure / use the resources. Here are the release notes for the new version of watchOS:
WatchOS 6.2.8 includes new features and improvements:
• Adds digital car key compatibility to the Apple Watch Series 5 • The ECG app on the Apple Watch Series 4 or later is now available in Bahrain, Brazil and South Africa • Irregular beat notifications are now available on Bahrain, Brazil and South Africa.
To update your watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone and, in the “My Watch” tab, go to General »Software Update.
It is also possible to start the update process from Watch itself by opening the app Settings »General» Software Update.
Apple also today made watchOS 5.3.8 (build 16U680) available to owners of devices not compatible with watchOS 6, probably bringing recent security fixes.
Apple does not usually disclose changes to the Apple TV operating system, but the update likely only brings some general improvements and bug fixes.
Can you update your set-top box going Settings »System» Software Updates.
iOS / iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur, watchOS 7 and tvOS 14
For you are confused, it’s worth an explanation: Apple has already presented and even released test versions of iOS / iPadOS 14, macOS Big Sur, watchOS 7 and tvOS 14.
But that doesn’t stop the company from continuing to release updates for the current systems, since future OSs will only actually be released in September / October – until then, Apple needs to support current systems, whether to implement new features or fix bugs.
In addition, some devices compatible with current systems will not receive these new ones.
Update 07/15/2020 at 14:28
If you prefer to install the update manually, here are the direct download links for iOS 13.6:
And here, the direct links of iPadOS 13.6:
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (4th generation)
- 11 ″ iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11 ″ iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9 ″ iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5 ″ (1st generation), iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 10.2 ″ iPad
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- 9.7 ″ iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9 ″ (1st generation)
Apple today also released the HomePod software version 13.4.8 with “general stability and quality improvements”.
Update II, by Rafael Fischmann 07/15/2020 at 14:54
And we have direct links to macOS as well, including security updates for previous operating systems:
All fixes are detailed in this support article.
Update III 07/15/2020 at 16:33
Apple has now released Xcode 11.6 (build 11E708), which brings compatibility with the SDKs of the latest versions of iOS / iPadOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS.
Version 11.6 (8.1 GB) Requires macOS 10.15.2 or superior
The company also posted security information implemented on iOS / iPadOS 13.6, watchOS 6.2.8 and tvOS 13.4.8.