After many test versions, Apple is launching today for all users the iOS 12.4 (build 16G77), the macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G64), the watchOS 5.3 (16U569) and the tvOS 12.4 (16M568).
Besides them, Apple also made available Apple TV Software 7.3.1 (build 12H864) for the third generation models and the Xcode 10.3 (10G7a) for developers.
The updates are likely to coincide with the launch of the Apple Card in the United States, the modern credit card announced by Apple at a special event last March.
Check out the other news below.
IOS 12.4 brings a new feature that makes it easy to data migration for a new iPhone, wirelessly. To expand its reach, Apple even today made available the iOS 9.3.6 (build 13G37) and the iOS 10.3.4 (14G61) for devices that do not run iOS 12, such as iPhones 4s / 5, iPad 2 and the first iPad mini. According to MacRumors, the updates also fix a bug in their GPS.
The update also brings improvements to Apple News + (in places where the service is available) and, as usual, improves the security of iPhones and iPads.
It also includes a new version of the system that runs on HomePods, incorporating – as expected – support for Japan and Taiwan.
Here are the direct download links for those who prefer to update manually:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Pro (11 ″), iPad Pro (12.9 ″ 3rd generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5 ″), iPad Pro (12.9 ″ 2nd generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7 ″)
- iPad Pro (12.9 ″)
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPod touch (7th generation)
Fixes a serious app security flaw Walkie-Talkie, reestablishing the service for all users. It had been down for more than ten days.
In addition, Apple is taking the capabilities of ECG (electrocardiogram) and notifications of irregular heart rhythms to Canada and Singapore.
macOS Mojave 10.14.6
The update improves the stability and reliability of the Mac and is recommended for all users. Like iOS 12.4, it also brings general improvements to Apple News +.
In addition, the update:
- Addresses an issue that prevented the creation of a new Boot Camp partition on the iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive;
- Resolves an issue that could cause a crash during a restart;
- Solves a graphic problem that could occur when awakening from rest;
- Fixes an issue that could cause a full-screen video to appear black on Mac mini;
- Improves the sharing reliability via SMB.
For those interested, here are the direct download links – which also include security updates for previous versions of macOS:
tvOS 12.4 and Apple TV Software 7.3.1
A priori, only general improvements and bug / security fixes.
To those who are updating, comment on your impressions! ?