Apple is due to announce on Monday (25) a new movie and series streaming service to compete with Netflix. Rumors surrounding a supposed new video platform have been circulating for months, an expectation that has only been reinforced by the press invitation: a GIF showing a classic movie camera counter, followed by the phrase Its show time. .
READ: Apple TV + Streaming and Credit Card Announced at Conference
In addition to the alleged video service, the company will be able to introduce a new news subscription solution. The event takes place for an audience of guests in California from 14h (Braslia time), and will be broadcast live via the Internet. Here's how to watch Apple ads online.
Apple to announce Netflix rival at live webcast event Photo: Playback / Apple
Want to buy a cell phone, TV and other discounted products? Meet the Compare dnetc
How to watch Apple's event in real time
The conference will be available on Apple's official events page: https://www.apple/apple-events/livestream/. You can watch streaming from your computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux), Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Windows: Microsoft Edge browser with Windows 10;
- Mac: Safari browser with macOS Sierra 10.12 or higher;
- Linux: in recent versions of Google Chrome or Firefox and support for MSE, H.264 and AAC audio and video codecs;
- Mobile devices: iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with Safari and iOS 10 or higher;
- Apple tv: 2 or 3 generations with tvOS 6.2 or higher, or Apple TV 4 generation. The broadcast will be available in the Events app;
- Other devices: On other devices, you can follow the event through the company's official Twitter (@apple).
Rumors point that Apple should be betting on a format similar to that adopted by Netflix and Amazon Prime, with a collection that includes both licensed movies and series as well as own production material. The release date and the countries in which the service is available are still a mystery. There is talk of arrival already in May 2019, or only in 2020.
According to The Information portal, the company would also be ready to announce a new news subscription service in partnership with world-renowned vehicles such as the Wall Stret Journal. Behind the scenes, it is said that the initiative was intended to combat fake news by following in the footsteps of iTunes, which slammed headlong into the music industry in the early 2000s.
Is it possible to use an Apple TV 4K without owning iPhone? Find out on the dnetc Forum.
iPhone does not come out sound? Here's how to solve Apple's cell phone problem